Fooking Dealers

captint

Ok so my Z was due to get it's clicking rear axle sorted today. Got to the dealer at 09:00 dropped the car off, picked up the Micra death trap they offered me and I thought that was that. I was told to turn up at 17:00 at pick it up.

:thumbs:

Well at 14:30 I thought, i'll give them a ring to see if its ready and hece save having to go into Slough (not good at the best of times) during rush hour. No problem they say it's ready, cool I think, but alas not, it was reading on the basis that they had not done anything as they needed a part that they didn't have in stock and it wouldn't be there till next week. So I picked it up and wayed some time. What pis@ed me off was that i phoned them, not the other way around, plus they already knew what was to be done, and hence if it needed part (which i'm not sure it does) they could have got it in already :rant::rant::rant:

Guest prescience

Whilst the service I got there was niether particularly good nor particularly bad, it is one pi**er of a place to get to and from

Unfortunately, they never seem to explain that a first visit is always a recce visit :rant:

Its just really cr@p. I'm off for a few days and wanted it sorted before hand, if they needed to check out my warrenty I would have taken it there before. I have to say when i had my M3, coopers would collect the car from me, give me a decent replacement (yeah i had to sell my kidney on each service) and were generally crap, I've only been into two Nissan dealers so far and both have been shabby holes

Sorry very miffed :angry:

They're not checking out your warranty, they're effectively submitting a request to Nissan GB that they will underwrite the cost of the parts and labour. Remember that these people are running their own businesses independently of the manufacturer and get screwed over themselves as well.

I'm not defending any poor customer service on the whole, but what they've done is try and check that the parts would be paid for, be available and get given the go ahead to do it. As I understand it, it's not a cheap job.

Any of the discussions on here would tell you that they do the check first and then get it back in for the work. Still a pain, I agree, I wasn't expecting it either. :blush:

As for BMW providing that service, that's great, and I believe the Reading Nissan does the same. All depends if you want a mechanic driving your pride and joy. For me, not a chance.

Mine is booked in in a week to have the clicking rear checked. They told me they know about the problem and explained everything to me.

First the car goes in for an inspection, so they can make an assestment and report it to NMGB. The warrenty work is then logged, they will order in the parts, let me know when they are here and I can book the car in at my convienience.

As im off to Iraq AGAIN on Sunday, they will be doing the work after the warrenty has run out. However because the inspection and report is done within the warrenty, no problem.

It seems there is a vast difference between dealers regarding customer service!! It will be interesting to see how well this goes.

I hope anyone else who has to have any work done gets the service they deserve.

are we talking Dan Perkins in Slough? I guess so..

I bought my new Z from them last Friday - they were fine with me (so far), a little delayed on delivery dates but not really their fault..

I wait and see what the after sales customer service is like. :)

I find them ok, plus they give you a discount if the car was bought from them. :thumbs: