Plenum 5/8" - 16" ?

alessandro

It's now 2.32 am and I should be going to sleep but instead I'm planning on how to spend more cash on the car.............. bloody internet :surrender: anyway....

Had a look around but couldn't find an answer, what is the difference between a 5/8" and 5/16"? (Guess it's the high of the plenum), which it's better between the two and would I have any problem clearing the 03 bonnet and strut bar?

Thanks

Get the Motordyne Copper ISO thermal spacer in 5/16". :thumbs: It comes everything you need to fit it including longer bolts and spacers for the strut bar. Speak to Chilli Red in the traders section about getting one of these.

Don't get the 5/8" variant as you'll have to remove your standard strut bar to prevent it fouling the bonnet. There is virtually no difference in gains versus the 5/16" version anyway so it's just extra hassle for no benefit.

Oh and get a torque wrench that measures in inch pounds if you don't already have one. You don't want to snap any of those plenum bolts and it's very easily done! You can find the install guide for the spacer on Motordyne's web site and that will have the torque values in there so you know which wrench to buy. :thumbs: