Help! Power source for my FM band expander??

bosh87

Just bought an FM band expander off eBay. Removed the dash fine to get to the back of the Bose head unit I have, fitted the aerial connections fine. But im now stumped as to where to put the red wire which needs a 12V power source for the FM band expander to work.

Im not technical at all, so any help would be greatly appreciated?

Ive uploaded a pic of the back of a head unit below. If someone could point out where I should be putting it? Currently its shoved into a spare hole in the connector labelled Number 1.

Also am i right in thinking that I can plug a "PA15-NIS iPod/Auxiliary input adaptor" into the connector labelled 4 to run an ipod off the Bose unit

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=701

Radioback.gif

There's a few ICE expert on here..PM Rob Quad and yokomo..these people seems to be very knowledgeable about ICE. There's no number 4 in my UK Bose head unit..wonder if the American ones are a bit different. So not sure if the aux input adapter would fit..a lot of us end up doing a tape deck hack.

I would of thought it would of gone on the back of the aerial feed. MiIxed reviews on these. Some with good success and most end up ditching the unit for a UK item

Rob Quads is ya best bet anyway