Flashing airbag light means??

H5

It comes on at start up, but then flashes. Manual says it could either: -

1) Stay on all the time

2) Flash

3) Never come on

All mean there's something needing checking - anyone else had it flashing?

Ming, hold up on the detailing challenge, I might be cleaning talcum powder and cornflour off my interior soon!!

H5 I'm not clear in what your saying!!!!

Do you mean when you start the car and the airbag and everything else goes through it's self checking process that the air bag light remains on and continues to flash???

If so this has happened 2 me :wacko: I'll see if I can find the thread for clearing it..... Really should go back 2 the dealers.....

In the event of having a flashing Airbag warning light (but with no fault with the system), then follow the following procedure:

This procedure will CLEAR the AirBag light ONLY if you do not have problems with the airbags on your 350Z.

1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.

2. Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, then turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off.

3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.

4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice. (Perform 3 times in total.)

5. Turn Ignition switch ON.

6. The SRS lamp has been reset it.

In the event that this does not work, then may be indicative of an actual fault and further investigation should be sought.

H5 if comes back, please have it checked out properly....

Btw it took me a couple of goes,,, think I didn't get the timing right first time :blush:

Guest prescience
low voltage trigger follwed by poor earth and high hummidty and a y in the day and a curry the night before.

One of those things :teeth:

Mike,

You have put up a FAQ but it is a repeat of one Jacko did when Liam reset his - based on information supplied by yours truly ;):blush:

low voltage trigger follwed by poor earth and high hummidty and a y in the day and a curry the night before.

One of those things :teeth:

Mike,

You have put up a FAQ but it is a repeat of one Jacko did when Liam reset his - based on information supplied by yours truly ;):blush:

H5 don't thank me thank Dorian (who's he gonna thank):)

He pulled me out the @*!# with it ;)

Like he said to me it's a quick fix!!! If it returns get it checked out properly ;)

Guest prescience

:lol:

If I could remember the guy on my350Z who posted it, I would defer the credit to him, no probs

I did have to search quite a bit to find it, so 34.578% of the credit is due to me :yahoo: