Engine Check Light After Audio Install?

andis20

I have just fininshed with my install of AVIC F910BT and the engine light is now on. I did disconnect the battery during the installation. Strangely it only comes on after I switch off the engine and start it again after I disconnect the battery. So the first start up after disconnection it runs fine with no light, but after I turn ignition off and turn back on again the engine check light reappears.

Firstly I tried to solve this by disconnecting the battery, brake pedal fully depressed for 20+ seconds and reconnect (this has worked in the past when I initially attempted to install the audio).

Have tried this serveral times already and the same symptoms - engine light only comes one and stays on after the second and subsequent starts. Any idea what it may be?

Might add that i have tapped in the VSS wire and grounded both the park brake and relocated mute wire - not sure whether this has anything to do with it.