Stupid stereo

Shaun1982

Hi guys,fitted my alpin d310rb this mornin before i went out,only problem is i have no sound what so ever :bang:

Any got any ideas? The iso i picked up the other day actually fits this time so god knows why im gettin everythin but sound.

I do have a couple of plugs left over though as the md changer that was in the bottom under the non bose stereo had 4 plugs in it :headhurt:

Anyone shed any light?

Oh just to save anyone asking the 'loom & connections' for the alpine are fine

hi mate

i had the same problem on saturday i went to sound evolution to get it fitted but when they were done i didnt have sound and on top the engine management light was on ater that the battery light started flashin and on top the car wouldnt go anywaster than 5 miles ..... i left my car with them to sort out the problem and to get the sound system sorted dont know what went wrong or what they did ... i guess they run flat the battery or something else hmmmm will find out what they use to make the sound work . and let u know

Cheers matey,its quite annoyin really,ive ben stereoless since last tuesday when i discovered id been given the wrong iso,finally got the right one thursday,check the new dc convertor i had to buy for my h.u works and wala,no sound but everything else :dry:

Hi,

I have the same head unit. It was a total nightmare for so called professional installers at RAM. I beleive there's 1 in Hull, but I wouldn't recommend them. It's OK now, but they had my Z, 4 times to sort it.

1st time it came back with just the head unit change and I had no Sat-Nav sound.(3 days it took-em)

2nd time, no sat-nav or front speaker sound (All bose stuff removed). (Another 3 days)

3rd time, got all the sound back, but they had to take a transducer out of the Bose head unit to get the sat-nav to talk again. They delivered the car back (only 3 months old at the time, which made it worse) Didn't set up the system and to top it off they'd dinked the NS front wheel which they denied. (TOTALLY CRAP SERVICE). :rant:

So... to the point. The Bose kit is garbage, bin the lot. Get someone in who knows his stuff and Dyna-mat everything.

My Alpine R310 unit is spot on. 2 Alpine amps (1 for the sub and 1 fort the speakers). Speakers are Hertz Hi-Energy.

You might have seen these pics before... If so sorry...

Combi4.jpg

Combi3.jpg

Hope this helps..... :)

Ey up Daz, yeah ive seen them before dude when you posted on a thread of mine :thumbs: Totally dont understand why im getting nothin :shrug: couldnt even put the standard garbage back in tonight as youl know theres a few wires to get up behind there & i ran out of light to get it all removed from down the centre of the car :dry:

Id understand if i had a bose unit with it being amped etc but i havent got a bose,infact my model number is RMV52SAF,which also happens to not be on autoleads pdf catalogue :bang:

I feel for yer m8, but I know when to let a pro sort summat. And car Hi-Fi is not my forte.

I have some number of a couple of guys who know this stuff well, but are local to me sadly. They are mobile, if you want their numbers PM me and you could maybe come this way and meet them. :surrender:

If you get it sorted the head unit is a solid piece of kit with built in inputs reversing cameras' and all sort if trickery. :yahoo:

Yoko its my old alpine the same as dazs that I was tryin to fit. From playin around lastnight it seems the plug in the nissan unit that gives the sound has nowhere to go into the new iso, ill try and try the unit elsewhere to check its not a problem appeared on the alpine & if alls good ill try sellin it again

hmm , shame im not nearer your way or id come round and give it a look. any chance of some pics , the stuff part of the car and all your extra harnesses ?

theres normally 3 , remote for the wheel controls , power and amp signal etc and then the speaker cons but im guessing youve got alot more with the nav .

im assuming the old md unit worked ok and that you have sound from you nav by swapping to an external source on it ?

or did the sound from the nav come through the speakers regardless of what the HU was doing..... if this is the case maybe the head unit and nav sound have some sort of coming together ?

Dammit i did have a picture of the connections yesterday.lol. My nav being a jdm doesnt work but all that 'etc' jap stuff that comes up interupts the speakers if that makes any sense to you chief?To be honest i think ive got the wrong iso again,this is the one i have & i know its ebay but if the description is right then this could be the problem.

Linky :http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC2-76-4-Nissan-350Z-Non-Bose-ISO-Lead_W0QQitemZ160389153511QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item2557f042e7

ah if by the etc jap stuff you mean sound from the nav unit it could be that sitting between the point your plugging in the new HU and the speakers so could be the wires japex mentioned , im gonna get them to fit my Y pipe when it comes so if its not sorted by then il ask see what they say .

failing that might be worth having a nose round my350z , also if your not using the nav becasue its in japanese/no uk maps have you thought about pulling it ?

Its the etc toll reader thing i think,sure thats what people thought it was,has a credit card sized slot near the fuel flap release.It goes bing bong :lol: when you start the car

Ive unplugged everythin that would come undone in the boot & nothin happened,not to anything other than the cameras anywho.

I do want a nurrish nav unit but at the minute ive got a holiday to pay for & redundacies at work :thumbdown:

feel ye on the last part , best i can think of is get some pics of all the looms up and we can try and pic diagnose ! can you get the md changer setup working ? if so might be worth trying to track back where the audio gets routed from Hu to whats left haningi out the bulkhead.

Ok update time.............................

Looks like its the alpine at fault somewhere,either the loom,brain or internal amp :rant: tried it in my dads car & it just does the same as it did in the zed. Any ideas as to what to check?

This kinda thing really annoys me.it worked fine when i took it out my last car after buying the zed :angry:

ok stupid question here but didnt you have amps in previous car , you dont by anychance still have it set to no internal amp ?

assuming its not that simple have you got any old speakers lying about you could bodge to the HU loom directly to check , would be my next option.

Everythin was amped in my last car dude,never happened to see a switch or anythin like that. I tried a speaker i found but it was a tad wet & scabby so no idea weather it worked or not,which doesnt help really does it.lol.

Ok right,just got my brain back out.underneath theres a sunken switch that says eq/div and norm on it.

So the manual says:

System Switch. When connecting an equiliser or divider using AI-NET feature,place this switch in the EQ/DIV position.When no device is connected.leave the switch in the NORM position