Amp Question

whitey

Hello,

I am just about to purchase a Infinity REF5350a amp but have a question:

On the back of my Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD there are preouts for the front, rear and subwoofer. The subwoofer outputs have SWL and SWR:

post-4056-135011873981_thumb.jpg

On the amp there is a sub1 and sub2 input but not L or R and the diagram only shows one rca cable being inputted:

post-4056-135011873954_thumb.jpg

Do I only need to connect to one of the subwoofer outputs on the headunit or do I need to buy a rca cable that has two male connectors one end and one male the other?

Also does anyone know of an easy route to get from the inside of the car to the battery compartment for the amp power cable? Ideally through the front bulkhead? I will be removing the headunit if this helps.

Cheers

well that amp is a 5 channel amp so youl need to connect all 3 sets of rca to amp.

the sub1 sub 2 doesnt really matter thers just 2 because rcas tend to come as pairs.

amp power is really easy , theres a guide somewhere in the guides section but basically you just take the cover off the battery area under the bonnet and youl see a big ole grommit. pop a little hole in with a sharp knife, feed the cable through and youl be in the passnger foot well .

Thanks,

Yes, the other channels will be used, 2 for the front, 2 for the rear and 1 for the subwoofer.

It was just the subwoofer channel I had the problem with, I didn't understand why there was two outputs on the headunit and only one on the amp.

yeah some Headunit s have apair some dont or it could be thats its a front centre channel and you head unit has 5.1 output for dvds. either way not a problem really just run the 3 sets of rcas and hook them up the amp will only use the channels it needs or if you have a single lead from the head unit i sugges you test whihc one is the sub out put before putting the dash back.

good luck and post up some pics as you should have a nice system started there.