Steering feel....

kazman

Hi all

Had my zed for a few weeks now and so am getting used to some of the handling characteristics etc. Yesterday i did a 200 mile drive and noticed on the A roads that the steering was quite light for small adjustments, but then weighted up for sweeping corners. Is this the same for all of you, or is the steering quite weighty even for small movements (eg moving from side to side within one lane).

If this is uncommon, what would you suggest me checking? I have new tyres with correct pressures and a recent alignment done. The feel i have refered to is the same for both left and right turns btw.

Thanks.

I wouldn't always take the alignment as gospel. A member had posted just the other weeek how he had it done, drove the car away, felt terrible, got therm to re-check it. Still terrible.

Ended up taking it somewhere else and the original garage who claimed that it was spot on was way out.

That was me :lol:

Its for this reason i am fairly confident my alignment is now right... if it is not i dont know what else to do!

What are poples feelings about steering stiffness just slightly left and right of centre? Does it "weight up" as you add lock? This is a 55 plate btw.

Thanks for the reply.

Is this true for all model years? For some reason I thought it was 2006 onwards, possibly not though.

Does your zed feel firm through the wheel when you start turning in to a corner? Or does it start light and get firmer?

I'm starting to think it may be worn tie rods, I did have uneven wear on my front tyres when I had my alignment done. I would expect them to advise on this, but would not be shocked if it was missed!

Or is it just tyre characteristics in this ridiculously cold climate...