fitted my pioneer hu, a little problem

Eraserhead

Hi, ive just fitted my pioneer AVIC-F700BT i have the bose amp system with steering controls, i used all the harness plugs what was needed etc but the problem i have is when i connect the stalk adapter harness it zeros the volume on the head unit if i try to turn the volume up it just goes back to zero, when i disconnect this every thing works fine the only thing what i could see wrong was when fitting the 3 leads in to the harness the 3 colour coded wires 2 were fine correct colour codes, but one of the colour codes should of been orange/silver but mine on my harness was just orange it was in the right pin though any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks pete

Hiya, I fitted a F900BT (same but with DVD) and I remember getting the same problem, I think I just changed the 3rd wire randomly until it worked. I know thats not a lot of help but I really cant remember how I sorted it. Just for your info, when its all connected the volume works fine but the track change up and down only works down both ways.... weird I know.

You will need a booster or 2 to get the real effect from the unit, you will have to have it cranked up almost full tilt to get any decent volume.

When you get it working make sure you do all the updates from Pioneer and if you even consider shelling out the £150 for the new maps and software check out the avic411 forum and do it for free :yahoo:

There is a great post somewhere by srobrien he was a great help to me so maybe he can give you the exact wiring details, any probs give me a PM

Dave

Hiya, I fitted a F900BT (same but with DVD) and I remember getting the same problem, I think I just changed the 3rd wire randomly until it worked. I know thats not a lot of help but I really cant remember how I sorted it. Just for your info, when its all connected the volume works fine but the track change up and down only works down both ways.... weird I know.

You will need a booster or 2 to get the real effect from the unit, you will have to have it cranked up almost full tilt to get any decent volume.

When you get it working make sure you do all the updates from Pioneer and if you even consider shelling out the £150 for the new maps and software check out the avic411 forum and do it for free :yahoo:

There is a great post somewhere by srobrien he was a great help to me so maybe he can give you the exact wiring details, any probs give me a PM

Dave

Hi any help is appreciated thanks for that, i will try what you did, and yes i have read that post by srobrien and yes it is very good write up

thanks pete