New Addition to the Family

Cara

Stan, the knowledge you seem to have here is amazing, I still can't believe you spotted the car from a teeny corner of the pic :surrender: I shall pass on your comments, cheers :thumbs:

You're right, it'll no doubt take years, but to be honest I think that the long-term project is an attraction, I don't think there's anything he likes better than disappearing to the garage for '20 mins' and ending up messing about for hours! I think it's his haven of peace and quiet :blush::lol:

Stew I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to come round anytime for a nosey and keep him company (or should that be distraction!). I do bring out cups of tea and biscuits if asked nicely :lol:

Thanks Cara years of messing with classic cars :surrender:

good luck with it we have a wolseley a beetle to restore and next year bring up a baby :scare: I will insist they are up to speed with car mechanics :lol:

Here you go Stan, just for you:

DSC04906.jpg

DSC04907.jpg

Hi Cara - back (after only 3 days forum fast! :blush: )

Thanks for the pics - tell hubby to save time and effort and just a brand new reshell and hang the old bits off it - save him about 3years of his life doing it! ;):lol:

Looks good actually has he been putting 2 pence pieces in the door jams while he welds the hinge back on to get the alignment! ;)

Nice project for him then and lots of tuning potential with that engine - also I see its the lovely chrome bumper model pre that ugly rubber bumper one they had to do for the states - (sorry shutting up now - just tipping the dandruff out of my anorak!) :blush:

good luck with it and your next job etc - welcome back to the forum :thumbs:

That's old pics Cara :p and no I havent got as far as the A Post yet which will is getting completly replaced. The shell is braced at the minute and so far I have replaced the front drivers side inner wing and web. Next its the pass side inner wing , web and front panel. Been busy with other cars and a honeymoon recently , will hopefully get some more done this time home.

Re-shell is cheating. I'm doing it the hard way lol

The project is just a sideline that I aqquired recently. No rush to get the car finished.

She's a 1275 A Series engine and yup your right its the chrome bumper model.

Oh and the Saxo VTS runaround was my choice! :teeth:

Good luck with it matey I know classics are a pain but a lot easier when it's not your only car like mine were. My mate had a 69 midget and spent weeks trying to get his doors lined up perfectly which he did then 10 years later he started on the windscreen :lol:

Lucys Wolseley will resume welding work next year once baby is born and things settle down a bit then finally my Beetle will continue it's 20 year restoration :surrender:

Keep us updated with progress :thumbs: