Nismo Exhaust Group Buy

Gaz Walker

oh ok! did u pay a lot of tax and duty, i just got some stuff for my fto evo from the u.s and its only a 10kg box, i had to pay 120gbp delivery then when ups came round i had to pay an additional 240 quid for import duty, tax and all that even thou it was sent as gift??

oh ok! did u pay a lot of tax and duty, i just got some stuff for my fto evo from the u.s and its only a 10kg box, i had to pay 120gbp delivery then when ups came round i had to pay an additional 240 quid for import duty, tax and all that even thou it was sent as gift??

The gift thing only works if the item worth less than about £35 so that's why you'll have got hit. The only way round it really is to get the seller to state the item is worth less than it is, e.g. put a $100 value on the box or something. The downside with that approach though is that the parcel insurance will only pay out to that amount if it goes missing, so there is a certain amount of risk involved.

cheers, it did look like they went through the box, coz it was re taped a a couple of times and the invoice look liked it was moved

Yeah you need to make sure the vendor puts the right values on the invoice in the box too as they will often check that to try and catch you out. ;)

so will adam sort me out then regarding values?

I couldn't possibly say. ;) Drop him a PM and have word. He has his own section of the forum, "Z1 Auto" under "Professional Traders".

It might also be worth PMing ZMANALEX as he sometimes gets used Nismo stuff.

Adam is good :thumbs:

Adam is a busy man. I have been waiting a week for my order confirmation although I was told the exhaust will be with me in 10 days once the order has placed . I was a bit worried as I receive no response from my PM or confirmation for the payment. The PM I sent were still sitting in my outbox until I called them today. :/

So I decided to cancel the order but was told the US system is different than the one in UK, once they placed the order with the supplier, the order would be non-refundable even I am willing to pay for shipping cost from the supplier to their warehouse.

I would suggest people to consider carefully before placing an oversea order as the difference between the UK and US system.

Adam is good :thumbs:

Adam is a busy man. I have been waiting a week for my order confirmation although I was told the exhaust will be with me in 10 days once the order has placed . I was a bit worried as I receive no response from my PM or confirmation for the payment. The PM I sent were still sitting in my outbox until I called them today. :/

So I decided to cancel the order but was told the US system is different than the one in UK, once they placed the order with the supplier, the order would be non-refundable even I am willing to pay for shipping cost from the supplier to their warehouse.

I would suggest people to consider carefully before placing an oversea order as the difference between the UK and US system.

To be honest whilst I have ordered things like brake disks and pads from the US I wouldn't be looking to order something as expensive and complex as a Nismo exhaust from there.

My main concern would be that you aren't covered by the Sales of Goods Act etc so you're entirely dependent on good will if the part develops a fault. I remember someone on here got a Nismo exhaust from Z1 and the y-pipe cracked well under a year after purchase (fairly common on the Nismo it seems) and last I heard he had got nowhere obtaining a replacement. If you search on here you should find the thread.

For some things it's worth paying the extra to get it from the UK for the extra insurance in case something goes wrong. If you ordered a Nismo through Sarah and it developed a fault in the first couple of years they'd be legally olbliged to offer refund, repair or replacement as the part would be considered "not fit for purpose".

I do not mind to pay a bit more to get it in UK but it seems not many dealers would source them with resonable price (under 1.5k). It's just a bit frustrated not have any confirmation after made the payment for a week and suddenly all the communication becoming one way until I rang them. :/ Sometimes, I just feel modifying car cause more hassle than I can get enjoyment out of it.

I get your dilema and I know that sometimes us traders look like we are making mega money on some of our sales, but believe me we aren't. I could have sourced and imported this for you and like you say it wouldn't have be majorly cheap but would have been under £1500 even as a one off. Imports are a complete nightmare and my main grief is that I can;t just 'go round there' to see what the hold up is. Really frustrating! I hope it arrives soon, you will enjoy it thats for sure when it gets here :)