Clutch release bearing

AndyC

Hey all - I've just had the bearing done, now this might be a really stupid question (and it certainly won't be my first) but do I need to take it easy for a bit to let it bed it or is it pretty much good to go?

Hey all - I've just had the bearing done, now this might be a really stupid question (and it certainly won't be my first) but do I need to take it easy for a bit to let it bed it or is it pretty much good to go?

I'd say take it easy for a bit m8t.... :blush:

I would have said not, i deal with bearings a lot on high speed machinery and have never heard of taking it easy with a new bearing especially ball or roller bearings. :)

Can't do it any harm that's all I was saying. I too work with high speed machinery! When a piece of kit has been repaired it is more likely to break early on not six weeks down the line. Wouldn’t you agree???

Hi Andy,

Just a quick question please?

What prompted you to have the bearing replaced mate?

I have a noisy first gear and a clutch pedal that seems to stick.

Is it due to any of these reasons?

Thanks

Neil

The release bearing only acts on the clutch

when you put your foot on the pedal.

Most of the time your foot is off the pedal, unless your rest it there,

a common problem with the ladies, which causes premature wear.

So as your foot is not on the pedal when your giving it some, it won't

make any difference.

Having said that if they had the box out, one would hope they

replaced the disc and plate whilst they were there.

In that case tske it easy for a few 100 miles.

Nice one guys, cheers for all your help.

Think I'll take it easy for a little bit, they did have the box out (got to for the clutch) but I would doubt they did the plate etc - prob just the bearing.

Neil - the reason I got this done was it was very very noisy and had a fair bit of judder as well as a very strange change on 1st to 2nd. When stationery you could really hear it but if you put the clutch down it kind of shut up. If your clutch is sticking it might be another problem but certainly worth running it into the dealers I'd say mate.

Think I'll take it easy for a little bit, they did have the box out (got to for the clutch) but I would doubt they did the plate etc - prob just the bearing.

Neil - the reason I got this done was it was very very noisy and had a fair bit of judder as well as a very strange change on 1st to 2nd. When stationery you could really hear it but if you put the clutch down it kind of shut up. If your clutch is sticking it might be another problem but certainly worth running it into the dealers I'd say mate.

Thanks for your help Andy :D

Neil

Thanks for your help Andy :D

Neil

Np mate :thumbs:

So they removed the box and only replaced the release bearing

why didn't give you the option of having a new plate and cover?

surely tthis would have been a better option, than having to pay all

the labour next time it needs to be replaced?

A note to all if the box is out REPLACE THE CLUTCH!

So they removed the box and only replaced the release bearing

why didn't give you the option of having a new plate and cover?

surely tthis would have been a better option, than having to pay all

the labour next time it needs to be replaced?

A note to all if the box is out REPLACE THE CLUTCH!

Not planning on having the car long enough for the clutch to go mate tbh, at least thats the plan