Has anyone used a Nissan Paint Touch Up Pencil ..

narcotix

I was just wondering if anyone had used one of these in past as I've just purchased one to cover a few stone chips and there is not much in the way of instructions supplied with it ...

They do provide you with some nice pictures but I'd rather go with a first hand opinion ...

From looking at the pictures, you have to apply over the scratch and then use the gauze type stuff on the tip on the pencil to remove the excess ...

Any help much appreciated ...

Thats right mate, use the base colour on the chip making sure the area is clean, when dry about 20mins use the damp gause to lightly smooth over the area and then cover with the top coat. Be sure not to shake the clear coat too much as this fills it with bubbles and make the repair look milky.

Its not perfect but its not too bad either. I actually sacked off the clear coat as it discoloured the base coat so i just applied plenty of polish to protect the base colour.

Hope this helps a little.

V.

Thats right mate, use the base colour on the chip making sure the area is clean, when dry about 20mins use the damp gause to lightly smooth over the area and then cover with the top coat. Be sure not to shake the clear coat too much as this fills it with bubbles and make the repair look milky.

Its not perfect but its not too bad either. I actually sacked off the clear coat as it discoloured the base coat so i just applied plenty of polish to protect the base colour.

Hope this helps a little.

V.

Thats exactly what i did.

the gunmetal works and looks spot on but the clear coat is just crap.

touch it up and wax it mate :thumbs:

Also, as the chips are usually smaller then the 3" brush they supply at the end of these paint pens be sure to use something like a needle to apply the base and top coat if using it.

NEVER apply the paints outside the area being repaired as this causes the area to become raised and look even worse then just a chip as it will stand out like a sore thumb.

See if you can apply it in full sunlight too as this will make the drying time shorter and try to leave it a day before waxing too because though the base might feel dry it will still be soft.

Good luck mate.

A tissue !!! :lol: chips away :lol::lol::lol: i will keep my opinion to myself on that one.

Personaly i would just use the base coat, apply it with a needle or indeed a cocktail stick if it has a good point and try over about 3 or 4 coats to slowly build up the "hole" the chip has created leaving each application a good half hour in the sun to dry.

Thats all you can do really for stone chips without going to expensive lengths. And as gunmetalzgt stated earlier dont be too alarmed that the base looks blue at first, it will dry very close to the colour you want.

There are many paint colours in paint itself that are mixed to create the correct shade, back in my day when we used to use isocyanate based paints, even black had white in it !!!!