sony problems

Gilly199

Right, after a three day struggle with the bloody car. i finally managed to get my old sony in the car and ditch the blose unit.

i wired everything up and it works woohoo. even the steering controls work but there is one problem. when ever i turn the car off, the unit changes source. . as in if it was playing a cd, it plays the radio when i go back to the car.

I want to clarify one thing. constant power and ACC are the correct way round.

So anybody got an idea??? something to do with the steering controls???

cheers

Gilly

There may be an option in the settings to start with the radio or to power the aerial which will kick it into radio mode, have a look through all the settings.

R

thanks for the input but i dont think it will be this as i have had the unit for about 3/4 years and never had it do anything like this. plus i know most almost all the settings and menus back to front.

I think i have narrowed it down to the steering controls, one of the telephone buttons changes the source on radio but it also turns the radio on with if its off. I believe its something to do with these controls. possibly the earth wire that the tag says to cut if i have a sony. Although i did try this and the controls never work to start with, may have to try again.

Gilly