New Z owner with iPod Issues

TheGreasyWeasel

God bless Nissan.

Having finally got my lovely black 06 Z two weeks ago (hello one and all by the way) it came fitted with a system that wires my iPod in via the radio aerial into the Bose. Now on some songs it's fine, but mostly any 's's or 't's sound rubbish so it's got to go.

This brings me to my next issue.... what kind of double din to get? I'm looking at the Alpine iXA-W404R but the fella in the shop says there's no cable that will work the steering wheel switches with it... or any sterio for that matter.

So what's the suggestion from you guys... and girls? What's the best head unit and does such a cable exist?

Oh yes.... and her name is Elizabeth.

I'd go with a Kenwood DNX-5240BT for a double din. Touch screen, Garmin SatNav built in, Bluetooth built in and also fully Ipod and Iphone compatible with the optional lead (i.e. full Ipod control from the head unit). Seems to have more bug free software than the Pioneer double DINs too and if I remember correctly the Kenwood fits in the recess better than the Pioneers. That's the one I'd go for anyway. :)