Ouch

Posidrive

Driving to work on the A420 this morning went around a bend and there was what looked like a dead fox right in the middle of the road. Heavy traffic coming the other way so couldn't swerve and hot hatch boy so close to my rear bumper that if I has slammed on the brakes I would been rear ended. So gritted by teeth and prayed. There was a loudish klunk as I went over there top and I had a horrible feeling I was going to either find the black plastic strip underneath ripped off or see a horrible dent underneath the car when I arrived at the office.

Well, the good news is that appart from one or two hairs stuck to the black plastic there does not appear to have been any damage. I have never had a chance to look at the full under body of the car, so perhaps a dumb question, but are then any exposed wires/cables or hoses that could have been damaged/dislodged. No warning lights or anything, but I don't want a shock in a few days.

one of the good things about tyhe Zed is that the underside is fairly flat and covered - the engine has a plastic sump cover and the exhaust if fairly high up - just check the underside to be safe but should be ok - this is jap stuff its not a Fiat Punto or Renault with wires all over the shop! ;)