Brake fluid+ pads + SS brake lines: MEET!

Removed

ok guys,

who would like to come over @ mine and help out next sarturday 15th July (after the dent removal meet in Warrington) to bleed the brake fluid, change brake lines and change brake pads? I have the tools, parts instructions and manual, just need some help :)

I guess I can offer you some mean pasta dinner cooked properly by yours truly and a glass of wine as a thank you :p

Cheers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll help you out mate ;) Sooner play with your brakes before I start playing with me own :wacko:

sorted then! after the dents are repaired? :teeth: hopefully should be plenty of time to do it!

in the manual it says to put the car on 4 axle stands, I reckon we can do it with 2 at a time? (as I don't have 4 :p )

I'll help you out mate ;) Sooner play with your brakes before I start playing with me own :wacko:

sorted then! after the dents are repaired? :teeth: hopefully should be plenty of time to do it!

in the manual it says to put the car on 4 axle stands, I reckon we can do it with 2 at a time? (as I don't have 4 :p )

You could lend mine but I don't have any :blush:

manual instructions are relatively straightforward... but with these things, you never know. Ah well, if you don't do it you never learn :teeth:

Tell me about it :dry: Number of time I've done a 5 minute job that's turned into 5 bloody hours..... 2 heads are better than 1 :headhurt:

Guest prescience

Are you guys planning to do pics make a guide up later - should be a good one :)

only difference from the one we already have will be the brake lines, but i guess we could do our very own one yeah :)

have the following at the ready:

1- next door neighbour-mechanic's SNAP ON massive toolbox (they go on holiday and he wants me to look after his precious tools!)

2- new pads Brembo Sport by Ferodo

3- 3 bottles of Motul RBF600 brake fluid

4- can of brake cleaner

5- NUTS-OFF spray can (ie if nuts don't come off with this, they won't ever move again)

6- draining tubes (don't allow air to be sucked back into the brake lines if brake pedal isn't kept depressed while bleeding)

7- SS brake lines from Technafit (also known as Stoptech Brake lines)

8- 350Z manual printouts

9- copper grease

should be it?

Guest prescience

Cool, first-hand experience is best but guess its gonna be one of those where if it all goes well, you'll have time to do pics but if you encounter probs. probably not gonna have time or the inclination

Guest prescience
ok tools are here, also got a few tips from the friendly neighbour.... let's cross fingers :lol:

Let me guess ...

Tip #1 - Wait until I get back

Tip #2 - There are no more tips

:lol:

ok tools are here, also got a few tips from the friendly neighbour.... let's cross fingers :lol:

Let me guess ...

Tip #1 - Wait until I get back

Tip #2 - There are no more tips

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

7- SS brake lines from Technafit (also known as Stoptech Brake lines)

You sure you got the right ones didn't think stoptec made them for Brembos??

yeah mate they have those cubic attachments, that I've seen :) Plus it said Brembo 350Z on the packagins :lol: