Number plates

Posidrive

I had a personalised number plate with a 3D font on the plates made and put on my old 300 Twin Turbo back in 1999 and I'm wondering if I can put these on my 350Z now that the old 300 has gone to the great motorway in the sky. The DVLA talks about pre 2001 plates but in some palces it mentions the plates being made before this date and in others in mentions the plates being put on the car before this date.

So, can I or can't I reuse them without fear of attracting attention from plod. The shape of the font is the same, but the letters are just a tad smaller than the standard and although black, the letters have a subtle 3D effect.

I would of thought the DVLA would give the definitive answer. The laws on plates are getting stronger along with the fines.

+1 - and any reference to dates is usually the date of manufacture of the car or date of registration of the car. They wont care when the plates were made, so if it references 2001 then you will be out of luck on the Zed. The DVLA will confirm though.