Paint Shield

Clarkey

Went to Protec in Shipley to get Paint shield on my Z,(wing fronts, bonnet,bumper and mirrors) what a great job, Steve did the job and his attention to detail was a credit to him, the job does take all day to get it perfect and they did.

Thanks to Wil, Steve and Pete.

If you want to speak to me about the job or see more pictures, e mail me.

Clarkey,

Could you please PM with me the details of how much it was if you don't mind?

Also, am I right in assuming that our discount only applies with Paintshield direct?

Me too, if you wouldn't mind mate :thumbs:

I rang Tom at Paint Shield (01476 592777), and he quoted me £450 + vat less 10% , that was bumper, mirrors, wing fronts and bonnet, hope this helps. If you have an 06 car make sure you tell them as the kit is different.

Carl.

Clarkey,

Also, am I right in assuming that our discount only applies with Paintshield direct?

Andy, are you respraying before you do it mate?

Just wondering, if there is anyone else around the north west with a Azure who then wants to Paintshield, might be able to do some sort of weird mini group buy?

You know, decent bodyshop..... respraying 2 or 3 azures at one time etc?

Just an idea.... might be mad, but they again might be someone else in the same boat as me. I.e that I'm going to have to respray then paint protect straight away!

Clarkey,

Andy, are you respraying before you do it mate?

Just wondering, if there is anyone else around the north west with a Azure who then wants to Paintshield, might be able to do some sort of weird mini group buy?

You know, decent bodyshop..... respraying 2 or 3 azures at one time etc?

Just an idea.... might be mad, but they again might be someone else in the same boat as me. I.e that I'm going to have to respray then paint protect straight away!

Yeah would need to big time mate, bonnets looking well peppered! Not sure when yet though cos I'm well potless. But prob in around few months time maybe. If we could get something like a group buy lined up it'd be ideal. Surely we could sort something, cos of 1 lot of paint to mix up etc etc

Plus what have I done wrong with this signature game?? see below

Yeah would need to big time mate, bonnets looking well peppered! Not sure when yet though cos I'm well potless. But prob in around few months time maybe. If we could get something like a group buy lined up it'd be ideal. Surely we could sort something, cos of 1 lot of paint to mix up etc etc

Yeah I'm in the same boat Andy. I'll bare it in mind. Dave gave me a number for decent bodyshop in Manchester so will call him to get a price for respray.... once I have some figures I'll let you know but will be couple of months for me as well.....

As for your sig, I think it might be cos you are linking to a random page or something from the Gallery? Try finding the picture you want, then right mouse clicking on it and then copying the properties line. This should give you the file name etc...... ?

Might be worth checking with us on this as if you are doing agroup buy and doing them all at the same time you will need to bring them here as I doubt Protec could cope with a number of cars at the same time:)

If you are going to do them over a few days then they should be fine.

And yes our discounts are honoured by our distributors (they arent daft) :)

Cheers

Tom

Might be worth checking with us on this as if you are doing agroup buy and doing them all at the same time you will need to bring them here as I doubt Protec could cope with a number of cars at the same time:)

If you are going to do them over a few days then they should be fine.

And yes our discounts are honoured by our distributors (they arent daft) :)

Cheers

Tom

Cheers Tom,

Only problem is..... If I get the car resprayed, then having to drive the distance to you a couple of hours away, is likely to end up with some chips etc..... (sods law). Just trying to limit the amount of driving in between spraying and protection.....

Unless you can think of anything to do to protect..... .I heard that smearing vaseline over the fresh paint might help. But would assume it would be a nightmare for you etc, as would have to be cleaned off etc?

Unless you have a very good bodyshop nearby? :)

Yeah I'm in the same boat Andy. I'll bare it in mind. Dave gave me a number for decent bodyshop in Manchester so will call him to get a price for respray.... once I have some figures I'll let you know but will be couple of months for me as well.....

As for your sig, I think it might be cos you are linking to a random page or something from the Gallery? Try finding the picture you want, then right mouse clicking on it and then copying the properties line. This should give you the file name etc...... ?

Cheers Jacko (on all counts!), great effort, as usual fella :thumbs:

Hi if you dont want to use the vaseline then the beige lo tack masking tape that we are all familiar with works well too. We have ferraris and Astons come to us protected in this way :) It may look dumb but it works real well :)

Cheers

Tom

So the Vaseline works well then? You had people do it this way...... ?