the 350z might be going....fiat 500 abarth

S1 HNK

What did you think of the test drive??

I'd be interested to know because I drove one as one of the many (Scirocco, TT, Abarth, RX8 etc) when I was deciding what car to buy and it was the zed I ended up with it was by far the best drive. To be honest the worst drive out of the lot imo was the Abarth. Although it was nippy, it felt like it was made out of paper mache :surrender:

What did you think of the test drive??

I'd be interested to know because I drove one as one of the many (Scirocco, TT, Abarth, RX8 etc) when I was deciding what car to buy and it was the zed I ended up with it was by far the best drive. To be honest the worst drive out of the lot imo was the Abarth. Although it was nippy, it felt like it was made out of paper mache :surrender:

You cant really put the Abarth in the same category as a 350z, Scirocco, TT, RX8 all of which are sports coupes that cost twice as much as the super mini hatchback Abarth when new :wacko:

And i totally disagree with the build quality, in fact everyone that has been in the car comments how well made it seems, nice heavy clunks from the doors, very stable at motorway speeds etc.

Mine has the uprated suspension, brakes, remap so its 160bhp and 170lb ft of torque and weighs just over 1000kg. It is therefore more than nippy and although on paper the figures aren't that impressive, for overtaking and out of roundabouts it is far punchier than the Zed (i appreciate turbo cars will be) but it really is impressive.

So to sum it up, i am loving the experience of a small car, that costs me nothing to run yet puts a smile on my face as much as the Zed did.

there's something to love about all super mini's. obvioulsy they're not in the same catergory as a Zed but if you need a cheaper alternative then there's definitely some fun to have in a little punchy hatchback.

i like the Abarth, think it's got lots of character. :thumbs:

If it were me i'd have just got one of the Gas conversions done to the z....

pretty much double your mpg, and you get to keep the car! :D

But abarth's are cool....

the boot was small enough to start with, it would non existent if i had an lpg tank in there!!