Gear box noises?

chrisjones6699

What year is your Z? Main complaints are not a clean gear change 1st to 2nd when cold. Replacement gearboxes made NO difference. 07 plates with uprated engine having problems 4th & 6th gears. I'm afraid manual gearbox is a big let down

Never heard of the noises you are getting

Nissan are pulling your plonker, check Technical in this forum.

:drive1

Honestly dude, dont get me started! I had it back and it sounded worse that before! the garage where i bought it from has had it back, phoned me yesterday saying they have found "no fault". I asked them if they done what i said to do ("put the windows down, find a quiet street and listen") and they hadn't done that! I'm waiting for them to get back to me today after they do what i've told them to do!! :rant: If they get back to me and say "no fault found", i'll ask if they would be happy to have it back!?....Then hand it back and find a new Zed! This has truly been a sh!t experience!

My gearbox makes loads of noises, but so does my clutch, flywheel, drive belts, suspension, fuel pump and my dodgy CD's in the bose. Most are normal, except suspension stuff. Maybe an owner near you can have a listen and give their opinion. Or demand a test drive in another car at Nissan, and if it doesn't make the same noises then it's not normal and they haven't fixed your car :thumbs:

Chris, if you need a second opinion i'm just a pm away. You can listen to a high mileage zed as well and make comparisons :thumbs:

Cheers Steve! I'll be back in wales next week (with my Zed, im not sure yet?) I would be very grateful for your opinion and to check your's out! Would it be cool if i gave you a shout when im back to see if you're about?

I had a call back from the garage earlier. They have said that the sounds are "common" BUT, there is a nasty noise whilst in reverse and there is a lot of clutch judder. SO, they are replacing the flywheel and putting a new clutch in! (£900 apparently) So lets see what happens next week!

So sit back and :snack:

Can't understand "Noises as normal" guys, :bangin: mine is a 56 plate model with 290bhp.

The only probs are the tight change 1st to 2nd no noise at all in any other gear.

I would agree if you have a judder in reverse it is definitely needing clutch replaced.

Unless their is gear probs the new clutch should do the trick :thumbs:

:drive1