Tonneau cover fitting instructions?

judas

Just got a tonneau cover off eBay but theres no fitting instructions with it - just four metal brackets, two with screws and rubber grommet thingies and a couple of allen key bolts. The tonneau cover itself has four knob-headed ( :D ) things that presumably attach to the brackets.

IMAGE_00022.jpg

Does anyone have any fitting instructions or is it really obvious once you get in in place?

Thanks!

underneath the rear antiroll bar you will find two plastic hooks. Remove those. Two of the brackets attach there. The other two you need to remove the mat. Attach the brackets to the holes which run along the width of the boot. You then need to cut two small slits in the boot mat for the brackets to poke through. Think the smaller brackets go on the bottom and the long ones on top. Sorry can't be much more help. If you are still struggling I'll take some piccies of mine.

Michael - I've PM'ed you :)

I've come to the conclusion that the tonneau cover was very much a last minute afterthought - what a riduculous design! I've fitted it - whether it stays there is another matter...

Still, it has noticably reduced road noise from the rear and made the drive a bit more civilised - until you boot it of course :evil:

I've come to the conclusion that the tonneau cover was very much a last minute afterthought - what a riduculous design! I've fitted it - whether it stays there is another matter...

Still, it has noticably reduced road noise from the rear and made the drive a bit more civilised - until you boot it of course :evil:

I have to agree, definately last minute. Should come as standard. :thumbdown: