Ebisu close up

l33r0y

Got a new toy (camcorder) and went about 'testing' its features, as you do...

Thought I'd use the Z as the subject for the 'macro' facility - thought it came out nice, so I put a little Moby for background music and uploaded it for anyone with:

1) lots of download badwidth (the file is 25mb!)

2) nothing better to do... :D

One 'useful' thing, this video shows (perhaps artificially) the Ebisu black speckle in the paintwork. In reality you'll not notice it as much - the camcorder really picks out the detail.

For anyone interested, the camcorder I used was the Panasonic NV-GS500.

(once the page loads, select 'original size' and WAIT for the download to finish (4 mins on a 1mb connection) - it does not stream!)

http://media.putfile.com/Ebisu-close-up

It will work eventually... just doesn't seem like its doing anything until it's finishing downloading all of the 25mb file.

If windows media player complains after the download, you may need to install the 'xvid' codec (http://codecpack.nl/klcodec272s.exe)

Excellent macro feature on that.

Sadly I bought my sony pc120e some years ago for £1200, and cant justify buying another one yet, even though they are cheaper and better!

Did you use pinnacle to do the editing? I made a few music videos of our family holidays with that.

One other question - are you coming to the JAE meet? If so, are you rolling that Z banner up and putting it in the back? ;)

Used bundled and free/cheapware tools for the editing, nothing special really :)

Pinnacle is pretty good, but Sony Vegas is supposed to be one of the good ones nowdays, alongwith Adobe Premiere.

Z banner is staying put! I got that from eBay if you're after one.