Race Valeting Vs NEW Honda Civic Type R-GT SHOCKER

Race Valeting

Yesterday was a long day for me, up at 5am and leaving for Hastings at 5:30 arrived at just gone 7 to see 1 of my previous clients who had just traded his Milano red Type R for a Brand New Black Type R-GT.

Firstly apoligies as my camera battery died on me, the little 1 had turned my camera on in the bag and when I got it out to use it it was dead :censored:

Firstly the owner had taken a few before shots and had the warerhouse nice and setup for me with lights and power etc.

Heres a few of the defects swirls/RIDS/holograms/trails what didn't it have:

P5171761.jpg

some nasty scratches on the bonnet

P5171762.jpg

P5171764.jpg

267508375_o.jpg

267508529_o.jpg

267508492_o.jpg

267508296_o.jpg

267508337_o.jpg

267508430_o.jpg

Firsty the car was clayed using Zaino clay (hardly anything came off) as the car was cleaned before hand for me to save a little time:thumb:

It was a training day/correction all turned into 1 as the owner had never clayed a car or used a machine neither so I thought best to teach him while I was working and with it being a honda and the butter paint that it is he will be able to correct any marring/defects in future.

The car was then taken outside again and washed and then dried and moved back into the warehouse for correction to take place.

I firstly started off with the makita and a red elite car care finishing pad and some swissvax cleaner fluid, this was tested on the bonnet which took a few hits to remove some of the deeper RIDS but the paintwork was SOOOO soft.

I then set Nigel up with the PC and a megs finishing pad with some megs 83/80, he took to the machine like a natural and helped me throughtout the day doing bits and pieces. Thanks Nigel :thumb:

Once all the car had been corrected I gave it a IPA wipedown then went to put a glaze on the bonnet via machine and it marked the paintwork again, so out correcting again and then IPA'd and left out the glaze and straight for the 1st coat of Zaino Z2 pro, this was applied to the whole car and then buffed as gentle as possible not to mark the paint again, followed by a z6 wipedown and then 2nd coat, repeated again for the 3rd and final coat.

I then sealed the wheel with some fk1000p and the trims were sealed using Zaino Z-CS, the glass was cleaned using megs and then rainx applied, finally the tyres were dressed using Zaino.

I have just had these pictures emailed to me, sorry these only 2 afters, but he is going to take some more at the weekend for me.

So after 12.5 hrs work these are the afters,

P5171774.jpg

P5171775.jpg

And the Honda Dealership are paying for the correction due to the owner kicking up a fuss about the state of the car ;)

Finally walked in the day last night @ 10pm after driving in the pooring rain all the way home.

And to say I slept well was a under statement.

More pics coming when I get some more folks.

Thanks for looking.

Paul