AVH-P4100DVD Handbrake Wire

whitey

Hello,

I am fitting a Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD and need to locate the wire to connect the handbrake wire from the headunit to.

I'm not too bothered about bypassing this feature but just wondered what cable i need to locate ie colour and the easiest place to locate it.

Also does anyone know if the centre console can be removed easily?

Hello,

I tried this at the weekend and it didn't work, the sound would play but no picture, apparently Pioneer have caught on to this and have altered the setup on the newer models, you have to throw a switch for it to work.

Anyway, I located the handbrake wire after unscrewing 4 screws on the centre console, you can then lift the console high enough to disconnect the power lead from the handbrake and work with it from the outside.

Because the handbrake has about 7 clicks if i need to use the unit whilst driving (which i shouldn't) then you can engage the handbrake on the 1st click, the light comes on and the unit will work but the handbrake isn't actually doing anything at this point!