The best time to buy a 350z ?

Gman uk

Yes bits have changed, but only slightly and they didnt yeild a lot of gain in real terms. If you want more power, you be best off getting an 03 and remapping it with the money you saved, would be far more drivable power than an 07+.

Not sure about that, Chris. I went straight from an 05 to an 07 and the extra 37 bhp is very noticeable. The engine is smoother and revs out far more freely, making a delicious noise at the top end. The power is right through the range and there's no perceptible loss of torque low down. When you factor in the newer car, warranty, interior tweeks etc and consider the time, trouble, effort and mods required to get a remap to that level IMHO it makes more sense to pay the extra for an 07. In fact Roast's car looks pretty good value to me at £17.5 with a Nismo kit, wheels etc.

I suppose its worth bearing in mind that if you want to make more major engine mods there's less around for the HR engine.

Yes bits have changed, but only slightly and they didnt yeild a lot of gain in real terms. If you want more power, you be best off getting an 03 and remapping it with the money you saved, would be far more drivable power than an 07+.

Not sure about that, Chris. I went straight from an 05 to an 07 and the extra 37 bhp is very noticeable. The engine is smoother and revs out far more freely, making a delicious noise at the top end. The power is right through the range and there's no perceptible loss of torque low down. When you factor in the newer car, warranty, interior tweeks etc and consider the time, trouble, effort and mods required to get a remap to that level IMHO it makes more sense to pay the extra for an 07. In fact Roast's car looks pretty good value to me at £17.5 with a Nismo kit, wheels etc.

I suppose its worth bearing in mind that if you want to make more major engine mods there's less around for the HR engine.

Cheers Digsy :teeth:

My car is ready to be tested and loved by a new owner ;)

Gonna miss it soooo much :byebye:

In fact Roast's car looks pretty good value to me at £17.5 with a Nismo kit, wheels etc.

So when ya gonna buy it? :teeth:

I agree that there is something to be said for the newer revisions, and its down to whats important to you and where you plan to take the car. Personally I dont feel its worth it for me over the older ones as I do so many miles and plan to make a few tweaks here and there. I couldnt notice that much difference between my 03 and the 08 I drove, but then again its all on the butt dyno and I have the plenum spacer which does add noticable umph mid range.

Just about test driving them and seeing which suits you best :thumbs: