Tyre feathering / ESP warning lights

H5

Hi,

I've read the sticky re: feathering and just wondering if the Nissan support / replacement applies to secondhand cars?? I've just picked up my 2004 GT from private seller and need this looking at.

Also, (I've read before but can't find the thread :blush: ) I'm getting the traction control light and ESP off lights coming on at the same time after some time driving. Switching the ignition off and then restarting seems to turn them off, is this a concern??

Hi,

I've read the sticky re: feathering and just wondering if the Nissan support / replacement applies to secondhand cars?? I've just picked up my 2004 GT from private seller and need this looking at.

Also, (I've read before but can't find the thread :blush: ) I'm getting the traction control light and ESP off lights coming on at the same time after some time driving. Switching the ignition off and then restarting seems to turn them off, is this a concern??

If yours is a UK model/ within mileage then all off this should be covered under warranty ;)

Thanks,

Yeah, it's a UK car and still in the warranty period. Is the light thing an electrical fault or the system actually playing up?? Mainly so I know whether to take extra car if it's turning itself off!!

Erm, yep!! Both lights come on together. All seems to drive OK, I'm just not sure what the thing is telling me!

Second question: Do you drive like a nutter??? Cos this will happen!!!

Contact Nissan tomorrow, in the mean time take it easy :drive1

;) It's been known but I've been doing quite the opposite!! Taking it nice and steady and behaving myself and treating her well. I'm only just into my 4th hour of Zed ownership so am still learning how to change gear.

Thanks for the help, will give them a call.

;) It's been known but I've been doing quite the opposite!! Taking it nice and steady and behaving myself and treating her well. I'm only just into my 4th hour of Zed ownership so am still learning how to change gear.

Thanks for the help, will give them a call.

4hrs that's sh*t... I'd be having words with the private seller :rant: Bit of a coincidence if u ask me :angry: :angry:

Did you get a good deal???

Hi,

I had the same happen to me after I had been giving it some against a CTR. I also had the handbrake light come on :scare:

It was cured by resetting the ECU (Disconnecting the battery for 30 secs) and topping up the brake fluid. All is now well :yahoo:

I've just spoken to the dealer in sunny Slough and they're going to take a look on Friday.

However, they're claiming to know nothing about the tyre feathering issue that has been posted as a sticky? Is there any reference I can make to get this covered?

Finally (sorry, I'm new to this thing!) the gearbox seems to make a noise just generally. Like to sort of noise you'd hear if you walked past a factory and could hear the churning of the machinery in the background? Characteristic or lacking something??

Thanks for all your help btw.

I've just spoken to the dealer in sunny Slough and they're going to take a look on Friday.

However, they're claiming to know nothing about the tyre feathering issue that has been posted as a sticky? Is there any reference I can make to get this covered?

Finally (sorry, I'm new to this thing!) the gearbox seems to make a noise just generally. Like to sort of noise you'd hear if you walked past a factory and could hear the churning of the machinery in the background? Characteristic or lacking something??

Thanks for all your help btw.

Gearbox doesn't sound right... let the garage take a look ;)

Did you speak 2 the seller???

Yeah, I spoke to the seller and he says the lights did do a similar thing about 1,000 miles in but it included the hand brake light and another one. So not anything to add really. :thumbdown:

As for the tyres, if it's something Nissan UK acknowledge, shouldn't all dealers be aware of it and be prepared to fix it. A drive to St Helens would be nice (now! :teeth: ) but timewise would be easier if my local did it.

You could always try and get your dealer to speak to Middlehurst (Nissan dealership in St.Helens). They do know about the issue of the tyres and have changed them under warranty

Thanks, will suggest it when I go and see them on Friday.

Yeah, I spoke to the seller and he says the lights did do a similar thing about 1,000 miles in but it included the hand brake light and another one. So not anything to add really. :thumbdown:

As for the tyres, if it's something Nissan UK acknowledge, shouldn't all dealers be aware of it and be prepared to fix it. A drive to St Helens would be nice (now! :teeth: ) but timewise would be easier if my local did it.

This problem sounds very similar to one sarnie had!!!! Check your brake fluid, probably needs topping up ;)

I agree. Will try it and see what happens. First test of the local Nissan dealer coming up so am hoping it's a good one........

Right, off to drive it in the wet for the first time..... :scare:

I agree. Will try it and see what happens. First test of the local Nissan dealer coming up so am hoping it's a good one........

Right, off to drive it in the wet for the first time..... :scare:

Go easy now :headhurt:

Let me know if it's low mate!!!! I've got to get some power steering fluid :scare: that's low :angry:

I went easy. Surprising how much grip was there without the help of any electronics.

Anyway, the brake fluid is full to the top (slightly over full) so not sure if that's causing the problem. Now I've had time away from work to read the manual, it says both lights coming on is the fail safe mode and Nissan should look at it. Here's hoping it's nothing that keeps her off the road too long.

I went easy. Surprising how much grip was there without the help of any electronics.

Anyway, the brake fluid is full to the top (slightly over full) so not sure if that's causing the problem. Now I've had time away from work to read the manual, it says both lights coming on is the fail safe mode and Nissan should look at it. Here's hoping it's nothing that keeps her off the road too long.

When I topped mine up it was nearly up to the MAX line so I just added a bit to it. This coupled with resetting the ecu seemed to do it for me and I ain't had no more lights since :thumbs:

That's good news, thanks. As long as it's a simple fix then I'm happy. Just cleaned it for the first time and didn't find any nasty surprises anywhere. Things are looking up!!!

I could drive round with all them problems and more and still be :D