Scorpion Exhaust

mac1984

Fitting my Scorpion exhaust tomorrow at work (its handy being a technician lol) hopefully I wont have too many problems. Will keep you posted.

On a side note I had to fit a Supersports exhaust from Quicksilver Exhausts to a V8 Vantage today and bloody hell it was loud but sounded fantastic. :thumbs:

Hi All,

Just had a Scorpion Exhaust fitted, and unfortunately it was a pain!! The mid pipe was straight and butted up against the rear diff. :wacko: The origional pipe has a bend in it to compensate for this. Luckily I took the Zed to Fastfit in Basingstoke who make their own custom exhausts, the technician there,Matt, made a plug out of thicker gauge steel and was able to get the exhaust all lined up! :D What I thought was going to be a 30 min job took about 2 hrs!!

Will E-mail Scorpion with my thoughts though.

I know some of you have had Scorpions fitted with no problems, I suppose I'm just lucky!!

Just glad I didn't decide to do it DIY, I would still be swearing at it now :bangin:

Hi all,

Fitted my Scropion exhaust today at work. It looks good and sounds good too, however the fit of the exhaust is not brilliant. The centre pipe of mine was about 3-4mm away from the under chassis brace and as a result kept hitting it. :thumbdown: The silencer when first fitted sat pi**ed (left tail pipe sits further forward than the right) and there is a black bracket on the right hand side of the car that fouls the exhaust silencer.

I have played around with the fit of it and got it alot better but it's still not perfect so I'll looking at it again.

I fixed the issue of it hitting the under chassis brace by removing it and flattening the the double skinned section that the exhaust fouls on. If this is not enough (I havent driven it since modding the brace) the bolts that hold the brace on seem long enough to be able to space the brace abit.

The black bracket was removed and had the corner removed that fouled the exhaust silencer.

Here are some of the picture (sorry for poor quality, as there off my phone)

http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt54/mac1984gsm/

Thanks

I'm looking to get the Scorpion soon so thanks for putting all the pics up, what is the black bracket for? Would it be missed if removed.

Its just a cover bud and will do no harm if removed :thumbs:

Thanks for that so without the bracket it would be a straight forward fit?

That black box/bracket thing has 2 10mm bolts that hold a plastic cover on the right hand side. I only glanced at what was up there and seem to remember seeing a filter?

Just been out for a spin and the mod to the chassis brace worked a treat. Still got a faint rattle/knock from rear passenger side, but that was there before i fitted the new exhaust.

Ive had on an off issues with mine. I finally got it sorted the other day, my mate heated up the bracket an bent it down slightly on the drivers side. Then put in a longer exhaust rubber to bring it down on that side. Sits much better now and isn't melting my bumper anymore. Which is always a bonus.

When i had mine on, i did have i suppose the famous scorpion issue, left tail pipe hanging out a tad more, my option get rid of it, :lol: , and got a custom one B) , However the guy i sold it to, i ended up giving him a hand and as mentioned above we heated the bracket up and bent them a tad so everything would line up perfect :thumbs:

• 3 years later...

Glad I found this thread. I just wish I'd have found it before I tried fitting my Scorpion this eve! Got it on but not tightened up as it fouled the black box as said. From what I could see the diff cooler lives underneath that box so I think it might just be a shroud for it. Anyway, it'll be cutting the corner off like mac has done. Just hoping that the centre pipe doesn't foul the rear brace...

It's a shame Scorpion don't mention these things in the fitting instructions. I'm tempted to email them.

Well it's on and I'm really happy with it! Ended up ditching the black box cover thing as it didn't look like it did a right lot!! Looks like the carbon canister behind it but it looks protected enough. I was also worried about alignment but it's perfectly straight.

Apologies for bumping an old thread.

Graham