Drivers seat motor

pliskin

Hi all,

I have only just joined the forum and on the welcome page I mentioned that the electric motor on the drivers seat adjusters isn't working.

A mate of mine has had a prod around and reckons there is no power going to the motor itself. he is coming back to have a proper look at the weekend, anyone any ideas where we might check?

I took the car to the auto-electrician today who confirmed that there was no power going to the seat motor, having checked all the fuses and connections.

Is the wiring the same on the imported and UK cars because he told me he is struggling finding any wiring information.

He has suggested that if all else fails he could run a feed in direct.

Regards to all.

• 2 weeks later...

The plot thickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having retrieved the car from the auto-electrican's and his hand from my wallet, it seemed all was well, the failure being caused by a wire to the motor having been cut, why at this stage we didn't know.

Fast forward to me sat on the drive having a few fun filled minutes with the now functioning electric drivers seat, until it all stopped.

Not only did the driver's seat stop adjusting but the electric windows did too!!

Wallet in hand I trot back off to the autoelectrician, who having seen me is flicking through the Kuoni brochure.

It turns out that a thermal cutout had "cutout", the cause suspected as being the seat motor, the switch or the wiring loom that connects the two or the dreaded seat motor.

The A/E returned the car to me and asked that I research the availability of the suspected parts, the reason being there was no point in stipping the seat down to it's constituent parts if replacements weren't readily available.

So this afternoon I spoke to an extremely helpful chap in the parts department at Nissan Westway Ardwick, Mcr, called John and if any of his supervisors get on here, he is a credit to you.

John was able to break the suspect bits down to, the switch at the side of the seat and the harness, which are available at about £60 each and a two day wait.

The seat motor was a different kettle of fish with two different types of motor and base being available and no clear way of telling which was which until the seat is taken out and in any case it will likely be a 4-6 week wait for delivery and anything between £244 and £664 plus VAT.

Suggestions please, particularly from the Nissan technicians that might have come across this before?

Ps, I can get a complete seat from a local recycler for just short of £300.

Regards to all