God was on my side today!!

S1 HNK

I have been having a few issues with my drivers side window, would go down very slowly and today whilst i was 30 miles from home it decided to stop working all together fully down :scare: the only saving grace was the weather!

So i drove to the nissan garage in Northwich, good bunch of guys actually and then he gave me the price for the parts, for the motor and regulator (worse case scenario, over £500 plus fitting and vat!!!!) :headhurt:

I didnt know what to do, they couldnt fit it in this week and obviously i couldn't lock the car and its not garaged. I drove off, smacked the door in rage and the window went up!! :lol: Its now taped up so i cant use it so panic over i can still make the meet on Saturday! And it gives me some time to try and soruce some cheaper parts prices.

The salesman did make me laugh when he asked if i'd done anywork to the engine on mine. I said only a filter as the ECU's cancel out any major gains. He then laughed and said it depends who you know and that his mate at middlehurst can get 450bhp out of them without changing much at all :dry: I just nodded and pretended to sound amazed! :lol:

anyway sorry for the long story!

The salesman did make me laugh when he asked if i'd done anywork to the engine on mine. I said only a filter as the ECU's cancel out any major gains. He then laughed and said it depends who you know and that his mate at middlehurst can get 450bhp out of them without changing much at all :dry: I just nodded and pretended to sound amazed! :lol:

anyway sorry for the long story!

I'd get that in writing, then sue them when Middlehurst cant do it :lol::lol:

I would imagine changing the elect window motor is fairly easy - I did it on an Alfa 156 once after it got broken into :wacko: Me & the old man had to wedge the new window up with a block of wood in the door to stop it falling :lol:

Bought the motor off ebay for £30 fitted myself - job done