Nissan 350z Official Phone Kit & Cradle

M13KYF

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I actually bought this kit of ebay, but I'm having trouble setting it up. The kit came with the cradle and the junction box. The junction box has 1 socket (female) at each end (one big, one small). The cradle has 1 socket (female) which is the same as the larger socket on the junction box.

The wire that comes out of my centre consome is a 16 pin male plug that will EITHER fit the Cradle OR the Junction box. The cradle cannot be plugged into the junction box as they're all sockets (or females).

I've tried just plugging in just the cradle (with the bluetooth adaptor), nothing happens, no flashing light, etc. I thought maybe I already have the junction box in the car already. Does anybody know where the junction box normally sits? Or maybe I'm missing a connection wire? :headhurt:

Here are some pics:

Afraid I can't find the picture I found on here the other day, been searching for ages.

The junction box sits under the glove box, so just open the glove box, take the carpet out and then unclip the plastic panel on the bottom. There is some sound proofing which you may need to remove to get to the junction box.

When I opened mine, there was no junction box, just 2 connectors. Plugged it all in and it works now. Hope that helps!!

I have to say I'm not that impressed with the Phone Kit. I'm fine with the fact that it might be a bit rubbish at speed as the 350z is quite noisy, but I'm having problems even when stationary.

I have the bluetooth adaptor and an iPhone. People on the other end of the line are telling me the quality is bad and also I can't turn the volume up enough to be able to hear them at speed, say 70mph.

Anyone else have problems with the bluetooth kit, or is it just an iPhone issue?

Thanks!!