Quick pad question

TT Convert

I bought my new pads from ebay (garage in london) and I have just removed the old ones and noticed they are slightly diffrent. Both pads on the front passenger side have small metal clips on them, but the new ones only have one clip on 1 pad. Is this right or have I been sent the wrong ones? if they are correct, wich new pad has the clip the inside one or the outside one?

Hi bud, the clips are there as a wear indicator, when the pad gets low, the metal clip rubs against the discs, letting you know your pads need changing…

It’s perfectly normal for replacement pads to come without the clips, I’d fit the pad with the clip on the outside of the disc… :thumbs:

hahaha they are both new pads, but I have checked and even fitted them, but becasue I wasnt to sure what the clip was I removed them and put the old ones back. I also now know why my rear discks( Bought new ones off you) are no good and have groves in them, its the clips! :angry:

I have now figured out how they work.

Better safe than sorry, especialy when its the breakes.

:thumbs: