Exhaust question

matth76

What part of the exhaust is different on the later 2006/2007 350z's compared to the earlier Z? Is it just the backbox or from the cat back? The later 350 is supposed to have a slightly louder noise. Does the earlier 350z have the more metallic / raspy sounding note (which I personally actually really like)?

Is the stock backbox on all the 350s stainless steel or black mild steel - or is it just the tips that are stainless? Can the later 350z backbox fit the earlier 350z?

Has anyone had just a Nismo or DC Sports backbox fitted (not the complete system)? How much was the part and to have it fitted - is it much cheaper than the complete cat back system? I'm interested in upgrading the exhaust in the future to a stainless steel one but prices for a complete system are pretty high (I know most will say do the whole system but cost is a factor) so interested in just upgrading the backbox for now - at least to get the nice shiny look at the back :). Does anyone have a pic of the DC Sports backbox on their 350 from a direct rear view angle?

Thanks for any info.

think you will have to change the pipe leading to the rear box too mate as most aftermarket rear boxes have different place where they join to.

Im sure theres a few people on here with the dc exhaust system, try a search :thumbs:

Just a thought have you had a look at the scorpion exhaust? they are good value and sound great too! Think CS is selling them at a good price

Have you actually seen the backboxes alone for sale? I'm certain you can't buy the NISMO like that and fairly sure the DC is the same.

Not sure about Nismo and DC but I have seen other makes advertise their rear "mufflers".

Out of curiosity does anyone know how much the stock rear backbox is complete with the dual tail pipes and I assume there is no difference in the rear tailpipes of the 2005 model compared to the 2006 or new 2007 model?

Thanks for any info.