2001 Honda Civic type r A/C SOLD

Madden

Hello

With great regret I'm selling my girlfriends Civic type r. It is an 2001 with the rare A/C extra. The car has always been completly stock. It has covered 83500 miles with some service history. I brought it over a year ago now with a blown up bottom end. I ended up getting a brand new bottom end from honda still in its box and un opened. I used all Honda parts to build then engine up. It has since covered under 10550 miles with this engine and has been sweet since. It also had a major service while rebuilding including anti freeze, gearbox oil, plugs, air filter, new chain tensioners, front discs and pads and 4 new tyres. Which cost me a small fourtune. The valve clearences where also redone twice since then.

The car is in almost imaculate condition bar from the alloys that need a refurb and a few little car park dents. It did have a standard sterio but it started playing up so i put an good spec Alpine sterio in which has i-pod docking and usb connections. The sterio was replaced about 4 months ago. I still have the stock sterio so that will come with the car.

Since the rebuild i have changed the oil twice with Castrol edge 10w60. The A/c does need topping up but that will be done before the car is sold if the right price is payed.

The whole service history and handbooks where lost when i brought the car but i have brought all new handbooks and service books a while ago when i got a new key and alarm fob programed. I rang the orginal dealer and the car did go back there twice for major services.

Have just put a new tyre on the rear again due as my girlfriend destroyed the inside edge when she was driving it around with a flat tyre. :bad-words:

When i got the car it had the civic type r forum stickers in the rear 1/4 windows so it was a owners club car. :-D

She only does around 10 miles a day in it and never really use's vtec. I love this car and it means alot to me as i rebuilt the thing. I am absolutly gutted about selling it but need the money to get the 350Z into the body shop to get all fixed up

I'm looking for £5000 ono not to bad for a brand new honda engine :-D

Or can do it for £4500 without the sterio and a/c re-gas.

Mot runs out at the end of Jan so i will put a new mot on it. Tax is end of Feb

7 Previous owners

07595 620787

jamie.madden@btinternet.com

Here are a few pics of the car.

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3286-1.jpg

Well looks like its still for sale.

The guy loves the car and wants it but he is only 21 and wont pay the £1080 fully comp insurance on it. Which i thought was cheap. He will be trying again next week as he will have the March rates and have 5 years no claims.

It has had alot of owners but i can count 3 off them off as they didnt really do any miles in it at all.

The trader i brought it off , brought it blowen up and didnt want to fix it. The person before was the garage that brought it off the guy who blew it up and the one before was the guy that blew it up :lol: I think it had 3 owners in like 2 months :lol:

Don't let the millages or owners put you off as this car is stunning condition and looks like it has had 1 owner and done around 30000 miles :) As said in the post brand new engine fitted under 11000 miles ago.

Really is a clean car. It needs to go as the 350 needs some attention. Spread the word. :lol:

The car does have some service history from its orginal dealer in Cardiff.

The car was brough from Culver Honda in Cardiff and i have contacted them for service history check and is as follows but the car had a couple of plate changes so i will ring up again and find out as much as possible. The car looks like it has had full service histroy due to the condition of it. This is what i have found out already.

October 05 Key cut

November 05 12500 mile service

November 06 68000 miles Premier service and run seal replaced.

Then my service history:

August 07 Engine replaced with full service @ 72950 miles. New battery,air filter, honda gearbox oil, honda antifreeze, NGK plugs

August 07 New front brake discs and pads. 73130 miles

Septeber 07 Engine oil change with filter after initail run in. With Castrol edge 10W60 @ 74223 miles

October 07 4 new Bridgestone RE 040 tires

November 07 Key cut and new alarm fob 75147 miles

September 08 1 new Bridgestone RE 040 tire.

Only have the last two mots

Jan 07 moted @ 70666 miles

Jan 08 moted @ 76428 miles.

And it will be getting moted end of this month or if some one buys the car.

Regards the oil i was recomended it by TGM motorsport when i brought the engine from them. It will be going down to the thinner oil as it never really gets hot enought when my girlfreind it driving it to warrent the thinker oil

So it has got a fair bit of service history. When i brought the car i was a bit put off by that but the condition of it made up for it.

Cheers nixy.

I have had alot of interest now but have been messed about abit.

One lad wants to get a good insurance quote and then he will take it. The other was meant to come and collect the car tonight but text me saying he doesnt want it now due to the ammount of owners.

I have another chap who wants it this weekend but I'm away so he might come down Sunday night to take it :lol:

Fingers crossed before the week is out the car will be good as sold.

They are too cheap at the moment. If i sold it in the summer i would of been selling it for around £6000 but the market has dropped so badly that people keep dropping their prices as they need the money. :(

This car is so tidy and everything is pretty much new on it. Engine has covered only 11000 miles so its like brand new. :lol:

Hope your son enjoys his car as they are great fun and really pratical. How many hot hatchs can fit 5 adults in the car and be comfortable. :lol: