BOSE HEADUNIT FORSALE

Asad

Bose 6 cd radio cassette player for UK 350Z.

it is fully working and in excellent condition

i had this removed from my car because i had aftermarket sound system installed.

also available are bose front and rear speakers and sub.

make me your best offer?

im having diffuclty attaching pictures with this post because of the picture sizes.

if you would like to see pictures i can send via email.

i have also listed this item on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0279248753

i have been asked this question by someone who is intrested in buying the headunit.

im not sure what the answer is

does anyone know if these bose headunits are only coded to the car they are removed from?

and has anyone who had bought a Used Bose headunit did they have it succesfully fitted and working in their car without needing the code?

you would need to get the head unit reprogrammed into 'delivery mode' by a dealer or audio electrician, you will need to get the second hand unit reprogrammed to link with the security system on your car (or it won't work!). according to steve http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... light=mode

True. The UK and EU 350z oem (ie. 'nissan' and 'bose') stereos are locked to work only with the car they were originally fitted to, via the NATS security system. A good autoelectrician or audio dealer/technician who can do proper car stereo unlocking/decoding (ie. take the unit apart and re-write the eeprom code) should not have a problem setting the unit to 'delivery mode' so it will register and lock to the next car it's fitted to.

2 points. (1) this does not apply to JDM stereos (because apparently people don't steal car stereos in Japan, so no security on these :wacko:) and (2) the 1000's of 'instant decoding' websites that claim to be able to give you a 4 digit code to unlock your stereo won't work with these units, so beware of these.

Steve

I had one decoded to delivery mode for £25 last year. All I did was pick up a copy of yellow pages and rang round the local car auido centres, asking if they can decode a Nissan 350z stereo (model no.: PP-2596L, Clarion part no. 286-6243-00, Nissan part no. 28188 CD700). The place I found wasn't sure if they could at first, but said the stereo was similar to other Nissan units which they'd done successfully in the past, so gave it a go and worked fine. :thumbs:

Steve