Spacers - what size?

Xendric

So I picked up my new 19s, fitted them and I'm very pleased with the result (mesh style black on chrome lip - will post pics in the next couple of days).

The thing is, they're sitting a little bit inside from the fenders, and I want to bring them out a bit for an aggressive look. They're 8.5x19f/9.5x19r wrapped in 245/35f-275/35r both et30. I was thinking to get 25mm hubcentric spacers all around. I'm running on KW v3, so I can play around with the drop as needed, but I don't want to get any rubbing. 25mm is the most I reckon it would need to get the look I want, and if needed, I could machine them down a little bit to accomodate any rubbing.

If I go smaller and find out it's not enough, I would have to get bigger ones then and I'd waste double the money.

What do you think? Is 25mm too big?

Also, to my understanding, hubcentric spacers are attached to where the wheels usually go, and then you put the wheels on the spacer's new bolts? Is that right? Does this make them safer to use than use ordinary spacers with bigger bolts?

Alex

Yes, you can get bolt on type hubcentric spacers but Eibach also do some where you have to drill out your old studs and fit new longer ones - be careful with the codes. Personally, I'd stick with 15mm max all round possibly 10mm. You will get rubbing if you drop on 25mm.