Nokia N95-2 8Gb for sale

Teatowel

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180313466916

Relisted as some c**t tried to scam me :(

how did they try to scam you?

I got an email from Paypal saying that payment had been made. The email looked 100% genuine, I put it side by side with an old paypal email and it was identical, all the links at the bottom worked (took you through to genuine Paypal sites, including the "how to spot phishing" ones!) The email came from @paypal.co.uk.

So, I checked my paypal account and there was no money in it. I got a couple of emails from the buyer saying that he had paid, and when should he expect the parcel.

I then got an email from ebay, again, looked like the real deal, as above, and it was from a @ebay.co.uk address. This one said that the buyer had paid, but the money would not credit my paypal account until I inputted a Royal Mail tracking number. If I didn't do this within 24 hours then my ebay account would be shut down.

:unsure:

That last thing was what made me sure it was a scam, and sure enough, by looking at the phishing pages on ebay, they said that that was a sure sign of phishing. The second sign was the fact that the Paypal and Ebay emails were addressed to "Dear Ebay Member" as opposed to your actual ebay login. That isn't something I noticed till I read about it.

The fact that the emails came from @ebay.co.uk and @paypal.co.uk and looked identical to genuine ebay and paypal emails was unbelieveably scary. All the links at the bottom worked and sent you to genuine ebay pages, even the "spot the phishing" ones! I started to reply to them, and then you saw where they actually came from - from customerservices@googlemail.com on behalf of ebay.co.uk.

All the emails were sent to the scam section of ebay and they confirmed that they were a scam, my listing was withdrawn and fees refunded.

Can't prove anything directly against the buyer, although he is obviously guilty. I sent him an email saying that if I will at some point go to his house (he left his delivery address) and crack his skull open with a crowbar, should I see fit. I was :rant:

He didn't reply.