Servicing... nissan records?

itsjames85

Hello all, quick question on Nissan...

Do Nissan have a central record of where a car has been serviced and when? or do only the individual dealers keep the records, for instance if the book had been lost or the stamp cannot be made out clearly and you wish to check service history?

Would you have to ring round the individual dealers that the previous owner thinks they used or would one dealer have access to the entire cars' history by reg number sort of thing?

Cheers for the info! :thumbs:

Right, when i bought my Zed, it was all serviced at this one nissan garage, i phoned them up with regards to the service as the seller had it serviced two days before i went to pick it up and just wanted to make sure and be notified of any problems, they could tell me everything that had been done to the zed and all replacement parts, even down the to the wipers, i know mine has had a ew drivers side window motor, bout it really, Go give them a bell and see what they say ? ? ?

:thumbs:

No central database that I'm aware of.

Within dealer groups they do but not usually across brands on service records.

If you go into one dealer with an issue and they have to phone Nissan, Nissan central do not know the cars service history, central Nissan will know if warranty claims have been handled on a car though.