Rear Axle Clicking - Whatever next?

DAT International

Hi there guys and gals. I have noticed today that my rear axle (drvers side) has started to click once or twice when taking off or planting it in low speeds in second. Now i have done some rummaging using the good old search funstion but i still have a question.

My car is a 54 plate so hence is out of warrenty. Am i able to still get the parts replaced free of charge as this is a common fault from nissan and then either fit them mysel of have them fitted by my local motorsport and track guru guy (KBM Motorsport)?

Also if i can get the parts FOC from nissan does anyone know who i should speak to as my local nissan in Glasgow owned by Arnold Shark were completely useless.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Always worth pushing the dealer - if they smell a potential sale / trade in they may be flexible. From memory its about a £170 job [had my 54 plate done in its last year of warrantee] so probably just labour.

Sure someone will be along with some more technical guidance!

From memeory Nissan have this at about £800 with labour fot the full fix. Even in Warranty they will grease it which doesnt seem to be a complete fix. A member on here did the full fix himself, cost about £375

Have a chat if you are thinking of getting the induction kit. ;)

From memeory Nissan have this at about £800 with labour fot the full fix. Even in Warranty they will grease it which doesnt seem to be a complete fix. A member on here did the full fix himself, cost about £375

Have a chat if you are thinking of getting the induction kit. ;)

Stand corrected! I hope mine doesnt come back :headhurt: !

I'd be gobsmaked if Nissan provide the parts for free, mine started clicking just out of warranty and I argued that the clicking starting while still in warranty, Nissan agreed to stump up 50% of the costs so it only cost me about £380 if I recall. You could try that route but they might want to fit them. But you do get 12months warranty on the driveshafts so might be worth considering.

I've personally not read anything to suggest it has been remedied. Nissan are in denial!

All the posts I've read tend to involve older or higher mileage cars, I think (based on no mechanical knowledge) that you'll be fine with an 07. Try to keep an eye(ear) on it whilst you have some warranty left.

Mine is most prominent when pull off in first. For early detection I would suggest:

Finding a quiet back street or car park etc

Wind down both windows, stereo etc turned off.

Reverse backwards at about 1mph.

Change to first, carefully bed in the clutch with minimal revs (to keep the noise down) and pull away using the torque in 1st.

The change of direction from reverse to 1st will reveal any clicking.

The change of direction should be carried out at very low speed.

This was the test revealed by my local stealer...