MG ZR-need a new locking wheel nut a,s,a,p !

M350ZB

Right got a bit of a dilema, changing my pads and that on my mg zr the weekend, and when my old man went to tighten the last locking wheel nut, thank god, lol, the wheel nut its self has sheared. Been looking on ebay for the same kinda locking wheel nut, its for a mg zr 105+ model, and so far no luck at all, anyone got any ideas or other soloutions for me please. :surrender:

Halfords sell (or used to sell) a locking wheel nut removal kit. It's a larger socket head with multiple splines on it that you hammer on over the existing nut. Think they were about £20 iirc. Failing that, you can go down the rather crude route of a hammer and chisel and hit it at an angle parrallel to the car as to try and dislodge it.

Halfords sell (or used to sell) a locking wheel nut removal kit. It's a larger socket head with multiple splines on it that you hammer on over the existing nut.

I didn't know these existed :surrender: Does that not wipe out the purpose of having a locking wheel nut!?!? :wacko:

Halfords sell (or used to sell) a locking wheel nut removal kit. It's a larger socket head with multiple splines on it that you hammer on over the existing nut.

I didn't know these existed :surrender: Does that not wipe out the purpose of having a locking wheel nut!?!? :wacko:

Depends on the quality of locking wheel nut in my experience. I think these are mainly designed for OEM nuts and bolts.

The design has changed slightly from what I last remember but below is an example....

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_196491_langId_-1_categoryId_71555

Depends on the quality of locking wheel nut in my experience. I think these are mainly designed for OEM nuts and bolts.

The design has changed slightly from what I last remember but below is an example....

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_196491_langId_-1_categoryId_71555

Fair enough - learn something new everyday! Although reading the one feedback comment on there, I don't think we have to worry too much about people using them to steal alloys!!

Fair enough - learn something new everyday! Although reading the one feedback comment on there, I don't think we have to worry too much about people using them to steal alloys!!

lockers are a deterent but not found a set yet that we haven't been able to remove, the good thing is some take a fair amount of time but some very pricey ones are frightenly easy.

lockers are a deterent but not found a set yet that we haven't been able to remove, the good thing is some take a fair amount of time but some very pricey ones are frightenly easy.

Can you recommend any and a price!? ;)

Do you think its possible to pick up the locking socket (wich has snapped in side) up, say a genuine one, anyone no if every single one is slighty diferent or ?

Its for a MG ZR, been trawling threw ebay, e.t.c, s couple on there, but nothing matching as of yet !!!!!!!!

Wish me luck, :headhurt: