engine transplants

lee dg

Has anyone had any experience with different engines in the z? Is it worth it? the vq35 from what I can gather is not very reliable in high states of tune, and it is much easier to do a transplant, for an sr20det or an rb25 or something.... As its cheaper and more reliable due to R&D I suppose.

Oh and i know the G35 has the same base as a 350z, but is the engine bay dimensions the same, because I quite like the idea top secret had with the Nissan Cima 4.0 v8 twin turbo, that worked rather well and sounded gorgeous to boot!

Anyways probably a controvertial thread but hey, what do you all think...?

Guest prescience

The RB26 is much more viable reliability wise than the RB25. And yes, it can be done (RB26 into Z or G) but there is a lot of customisation required.

If you are serious, do a search on my350Z and you can eductate yourself there and report back here :)

I believe Top Secret have put the RB26 into the Zed allready, and a V8 out of a Maxima into a G35,

Ive also seen someone get a sr20det into a zed as well

Having said that people are getting big power gains of the VQ35,

Whatever floats your boat I suppose !!

i will have a search around and get back to ya all soon! I know a skyline engine has been done now, top secret have done it to there 2006 drift entry, and chris forsberg has an sr20 in his drift 350z (america). On a mission now to find out cost and reliability issues. thanks so far :teeth:

Oh an no I aint got a z yet, getting one next month when m insurance runs out on my bmw, trying to plan a serious project, funds allowing, anyways cheers again