New online car magazine, with a Northern Irish tilt!

Traktion

We're a UK magazine, with a slant towards Northern Ireland. We've got a few professional writers, but they've agreed to let me put a review up for the 350z.

http://www.drivewire.eu/reviews/cars/ni ... review.htm

Please take a look at the review and the site. We're trying to build up a community too, so sign up to the forum if you have a mo! Oh, and please don't be too critical of my review - it's my first one and I think it shows how much I love this car! :)

I love how directly under your review is your for sale ad :lol:

Complete with matching images! :lol:

I will shed a few tears when someone drives it away, I really will... :headhurt:

It's actually a bit accidental though - it's just that we don't have many classifieds on there yet, so mine matches the search. We're hoping to get a few more on soon! :thumbs:

Hey, Review reads quite well,

its definetly as good as the others on the rest of the site,

if i may be slightly critical (constructively)

The idea is great, the reviews and layouts are great, i just think you could have better photographs.

Are some of the photos used in the reviews stock release shots from the companies?

But overall i like!

Adam

Hey, Review reads quite well,

its definetly as good as the others on the rest of the site,

if i may be slightly critical (constructively)

The idea is great, the reviews and layouts are great, i just think you could have better photographs.

Are some of the photos used in the reviews stock release shots from the companies?

But overall i like!

Adam

Thanks for your honesty! I'm hoping my writing style will develop with a bit of practice, but at least I didn't make a complete dogs dinner of it! :)

For the pictures, I'm afraid they were just some snaps which I took in a few moments, which is why they're a bit naff! :lol: We have a member of our team, Chris Huston, who is much better than I am. Some of his handy work is here: http://www.drivewire.eu/reviews/cars/ferrari/f430/195-2008-ferrari-f430.htm (FYI, at the Spelga Dam in the Mournes) and http://www.drivewire.eu/reviews/cars/bentley/continental_grand_tourer_convertible/190-2009-bentley-continental-grand-tourer-convertible.htm. But yes, some articles have press release snaps, but we're keen to make a habit of always getting a decent photo shoot done for each car.

We have big plans for a more creative layout too, but we're trying to see how this one goes first. We've just hit a deal to add a big dealer's cars to our classifieds, so hopefully this will be our break - we've got big plans for the magazine!

I'll try to get some pics that do the car some justice sorted!

Yeah those photos are a bit better, but i have some comments on them aswell, (but i'm picky lol)

I'm trying to be as honest as i can without seeming arrogant lol

well if you need more photographers, tell the editor to give me an email and i could sort some sort of arrangement with him lol.

I'm doing a bit of work with a new online magazine aswell, (tarmag.co.uk) and i can understand how hard it is to break into the competition, and if you need any help with photos or editing of them, feel free to drop me a PM

Adam

Thanks Adam - honest feedback is always the most useful!

I'll pass on your comments on and will let you know if we need another photographer. Where are you based? Could be a bit of a drag to head over to NI! :lol:

I had a look at the tarmag - some nice pics in there and read the page about you. I'm not a huge fan over sites with non-standard interfaces, but the content looked good!