Numpty alert !

Dan

Saw a very funny thing last night.

This is hard to explain so please bear with me !!!

Ok near me is big hill with a dual carraigeway going up and down it, two lanes on both sides.

At one end is a junction controlled by traffic lights.

As usual, at the junction the left lane is marked for straight on and the right lane is marked for turning right.

In the middle of the 4 lanes is one of those yellow bollard things.

Now then, at the top of the hill I had passed some quite serious looking roadworks and there was about half a dozen cars parked right there, one of the motorists was out of his car seemingly arguing with one of the workmen. This got me wondering.

All the way down the hill I saw only one or two cars, which got me wondering even more as it's usually a busy stretch.

At the bottom of the hill, at this junction I mentioned, both lanes going up the hill had flashing bollards placed across them and were obviously closed for the roadworks.

There was a sign saying road closed, follow diversion, and the arrow pointed right, clearly sending people further down the road to a diversion.

As I sat in the left lane waiting for the light to change I was amazed to see about half a dozen motorists enter my side of the dual carraigeway using the lane that is meant to be for turning right...they thought the arrow was pointing to the other side of the dual carraigeway and not sending them down the road !

Basically, they were driving up the wrong side of the dual carraigeway.

How thick can people get !!!

I would be amazed if there wasn't an accident...

Saw a very funny thing last night.

This is hard to explain so please bear with me !!!

Ok near me is big hill with a dual carraigeway going up and down it, two lanes on both sides.

At one end is a junction controlled by traffic lights.

As usual, at the junction the left lane is marked for straight on and the right lane is marked for turning right.

In the middle of the 4 lanes is one of those yellow bollard things.

Now then, at the top of the hill I had passed some quite serious looking roadworks and there was about half a dozen cars parked right there, one of the motorists was out of his car seemingly arguing with one of the workmen. This got me wondering.

All the way down the hill I saw only one or two cars, which got me wondering even more as it's usually a busy stretch.

At the bottom of the hill, at this junction I mentioned, both lanes going up the hill had flashing bollards placed across them and were obviously closed for the roadworks.

There was a sign saying road closed, follow diversion, and the arrow pointed right, clearly sending people further down the road to a diversion.

As I sat in the left lane waiting for the light to change I was amazed to see about half a dozen motorists enter my side of the dual carraigeway using the lane that is meant to be for turning right...they thought the arrow was pointing to the other side of the dual carraigeway and not sending them down the road !

Basically, they were driving up the wrong side of the dual carraigeway.

How thick can people get !!!

I would be amazed if there wasn't an accident...

And they say the standard of driving is good in this country! :scare: