just a newbie looking for some info

Ste84

evening all,

just bought a 2003 jap import 350z :yahoo: and need some vital info with regards to a the sat nav / dvd system.

just wondered if there was n e one out there who could tell me what use i have with the system as i am a bit puzzled with the tv tuner and dvd player etc as it is displayed in japanese.

please help if n e one could shine a light on this problem

Cheers

:welcome: mate and enjoy the forum

Sorry I cant be much help but someone will be along who has more experince with the problem your having.

If it's the standard fit unit and not an aftermarket item, the only thing I can tell you is that the sat/nav part is not much use over here and it can't be altered without spending alot of money and ripping most of it out anyway.

I'll move this topic to the ICE section.

evening all,

just bought a 2003 jap import 350z :yahoo: and need some vital info with regards to a the sat nav / dvd system.

just wondered if there was n e one out there who could tell me what use i have with the system as i am a bit puzzled with the tv tuner and dvd player etc as it is displayed in japanese.

please help if n e one could shine a light on this problem

Cheers

like M13KYF said Jap Sat Nav useless in UK , someone advertises converting it but it costs in excess of £800 :scare: just junk it and buy aftermarket one..I did same with head unit .. got any photos of your car? post em up... :thumbs:

Hi

I got the people I bought the Zed off to go halves on the Sat Nav upgrade. Basicaly the DVD unit which currentkly sits behind you when you drive is replaced with a Panasonic one( Panasonic CN-DV2300N) and you add the software as part of the price - cost of £800, the software is Navteq but it isn't that great, and I'm finding everytime I turn on the ignition I have to twiddle to UK mode to get it working - complicated. Looking back, I would of just gone down the Tom Tom route and put the cash saved towards some alloys.