Locking wheel nut remover

Chesterfield

Guys and Gals.

Have you ever lost the key to your locking wheel nuts? Ever had to drill them off or try and get these things off by some other method?

I have recently hadto do this, and let me tell you now, the standard mcgards on the Z are bloody hard.

They are immune to hammering on a small socket and wrenching off.

They are immune to the hardest drills, as they are made of carbon steel.

Try chiseling and you are likely to damage your wheel and only shatter a small piece off.

They are also immune to those new reverse threaded hardened steel sockets, as they have rotating tapered collars.

I managed to get one of mine off with a good deal of hammering, swearing, drilling, twisting, more swearing and a few knocks to my alloy. And it took about 12 hours in total.

Nissan said they would get the others off by more chiseling! :scare:

Then I found this company:

http://www.dynomec.co.uk/

They have a tool, which sells at around £125. Though a call to them resulted in an appointment with one of the owners/inventors who used this tool to remove the nuts in around 5 minutes flat.

The tool did not touch the alloys, and more amazingly did not damage the nuts either!

The AA have bought 2500 of these, and to be honest I am amazed that every garage on the face of the planet has not got one.

If you own a garage and have ever been asked to get off locking wheel nuts, you have to buy one of these. End of.

A big thanks to Dave at Dynomec, I can get my Rays on. :thumbs:

And to Nissan dealerships. Buy one of these now.

It makes a fair bit of noise, well, a church bell comes to mind, so it would certainly be noticed if someone decided to use it at the dead of night to nick wheels.

I have to say I was very impressed with it, and if I were purchasing manager for Kwik Fit or the like, Id be snapping their arm off..

I phoned 8 garages and two dealers, who all said they would have to chisel them off. Not what you want to hear.