Engine management Light

misunderstoodjedi

Hi all,

I fitted a new air filter on the car and after turning on the engine the engine management light would not go out. I have now swapped them over but the light still remains on.

Does the ECU have to get used to the old air filter again before it turns off? or was changing the air filter a coincidence for another fault happening?

Not sure if anyone can offer any assistance but any insight is greatly appreciated.

Jon

Hi all,

I fitted a new air filter on the car and after turning on the engine the engine management light would not go out. I have now swapped them over but the light still remains on.

Does the ECU have to get used to the old air filter again before it turns off? or was changing the air filter a coincidence for another fault happening?

Not sure if anyone can offer any assistance but any insight is greatly appreciated.

Jon

Make sure the maf sensor plug is back in place and then carry out the ECU rest which is in the guides section on here.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89