PAC ROEM-NIS2 Assistance

gmaguire

Hi,

I just finished wiring the PAC ROEM-NIS2 loom with a new stereo with ISO connector. All the wires seem to match up ok as per both colour codes of wires and both stereo and PAC specs. I have a 03 Jap import ST/GT spec with BOSE system.

But when I turn on ignition I do not get any life from unit, has anyone else experience of installing one of these ?

Is there an extra magic wire that has to be connected, grounding issues, loops etc ?

I have seen some other posts re the Mirca connector for non BOSE system and my OEM plugs look the same ... do I actually need the PAC unit as well ?

Any info or ideas greatfully accepted.

Thanks,

Ger.

Yep, it needs to be directly attched to the chassis. On mine I connected the 2 black wires from the Pac unit to the HU together but also joined another wire which I used as ground.

Think there is a thread, but the Bose doesn't have a proper ground via the wiring loom hence why its grounded by the chassis.

Yep, it needs to be directly attched to the chassis. On mine I connected the 2 black wires from the Pac unit to the HU together but also joined another wire which I used as ground.

Think there is a thread, but the Bose doesn't have a proper ground via the wiring loom hence why its grounded by the chassis.

Kewl, ta for that, I'll do that this evening and let you know how I get on.

Ger.

Kewl, ta for that, I'll do that this evening and let you know how I get on.

Ger.

Hiya, OK I have now have power but no sound, do I have to change the speaker settings on the PAC unit ? Don't want to mess with it too much unless I know what I'm doing, instruction sheet pretty says plug it in and it should work ?

I think there are 2 blue wires from the pac unit, 1 is the power ariel and the other is the power amp. You need to connect the power amp cable to the blue coming from your HU. No power to the amp, no sound.

I think you may need to hook up the blue ariel wire as well, so 2 blue wires from PAC to 1 blue wire from HU.

I think there are 2 blue wires from the pac unit, 1 is the power ariel and the other is the power amp. You need to connect the power amp cable to the blue coming from your HU. No power to the amp, no sound.

I think you may need to hook up the blue ariel wire as well, so 2 blue wires from PAC to 1 blue wire from HU.

Yup and Yup :thumbs:

Willo, your a star, thanks for all the help, i had the blue to blue ok but not the blue/white, Kenwood DNX 5220 unit not fully working installed and working with sat/nav, bluetooth and ipod :D

Ger.