Body Kits Not Just For Looks, Proof !

Gaz Walker

I thought some of you would like to see this, I found it on another site. It's not a Z but still good information. Had noticed similar gains on my own Glanza Turbo when changing the front bumper for a one which allowed more air to the intercooler and rad.

normal.jpgcwestbumper.jpg

normal_txt.gifcwest_txt.gif

BEST TIME: 1'34"59

SET1.jpg

START:12:00 PM

Air Temperature 41°F

Oil Temperature 212°F

Intake Air Temperature MAX 92.66°F/ MIN 76.82°F

RPM Engine Temp Intake Air Temp Vehicle Speed

BEST TIME 1'34"09

SET2.jpg

START:1:03 PM

Air Temperature 42.8°F

Oil Temperature 212°F

BEST TIME 1'32"00

SET3.jpg

START:1:50 PM

Air Temperature 39.2°F

Oil Temperature 215.6°F

BEST TIME 1'31"38

SET4.jpg

START:2:20 PM

Air Temperature 39.2°F

Oil Temperature 215.6°F

Intake Air Temperature MAX 76.82°F/ MIN 62.24°F

Thanks

Kevin

I remember Clarkson saying how much a difference the splitter made to the 3 series they used in that endurance race when it came off. They must make a difference otherwise the racing mob wouldn't use em I guess.

If items are designed to aid handling, airflow or weight reduction then they should make a difference. If they are designed to look stylish then I think if they had an effect it'd be luck!

It depends how much R&D goes into it being functional.

does anyone remember the alfa,s in btcc in the 90's when there front bumper was outlawed for giving an unfair advantage ? They spent lots and lots of time testing in wind tunnel's and had a good advantage over fellow competitors . Think tarquini used to be the driver back then . Think it was also around the time of the volvo estates running in the series . . The good ol days hey :-) lol

It was. It was the 155. The 850 estate and then Audi A4 Quattro (4wd was also outlawed...)

Still like BTCC but it's just not taken seriously as people would rather watch formula gay racing.... :yawn:

I'd rather watch rep mobile and family school run kid shifter battling it out and crashing into each other.

Ah, the 94 BTCC season! I remember it well. Huge crowds up until 98 when TOCA changed the rules and BTCC left the Super Touring regulations and changed it to Halfords regulars to go race..... :dry:

was a shame the context of the series changed, it had an awesome following back then , and the sight of the old 850's hammering around always brought a giggle especially there team tactics with the blocking, and there was that famous crash of one of them that always gets shown on the old crash vids.....