Bose Head Unit

Leenx

Expect to pay £150 on Ebay but one member is trying to fit one at the moment, and its duff or locked to the car it came from.

Mine is a JDM and it works great with a Freq shifter.

did you get your freq adjuster to work Ok on your JDM set, ?

I tried a couple on mine and they didnt work at all ! :thumbdown: ., just bought a heap Sony head unit to replace original

A freq shifter - what's that? I've added a radio expander but it's pretty cra**y! i think it's got something to do with the japanese computer(SAT Nav & phone ) which interfers. Can get radio one, and local stations buit can't get Radio 4, and london stations to name a few!!

Below is the sales data. Mine works as explained below, I get all the radio stations but only see the frequency number reads 20 MHz higher than UK settings

So I know to add on this and I find my station and save it in the memory.

I get all stations,

I have sat nav,

I have controls on the wheel.

If you only get 2 stations (this is what I got before fitting the shifter)

Then there is a problem with the installation or configuration.

FM FREQUENCY RADIO BAND EXPANDER / SHIFTER

cost

£7.99

This electronic gadget allows the original fitment Japanese radios to receive all English frequencies.

Simply connect in-line in the aerial lead, and connect a single wire to a positive feed. (No need of confusing instructions)

Receives all stations from 88Mhz to 108Mhz. Full frequency range 88-108Mhz with one Band Expander

It achieves this by shifting the UK transmission frequencies into the band that the Japanese radio will detect.

RELIABLE each unit is individually precisely tuned for desired band on appropriate RF test equipment.

Built in amplifier to improve reception.

Built in Blocking Filter (extremely important to eliminate original frequencies radio is tuned to from 76-88Mhz to avoid any possible

radio interference).

Input and Output are preciously matched to improve sensitivity.

AM bypassed (without change )

If you fit an expander this means the radio signal you receive is 20Mhz higher than the radio display. Therefore when the radio shows a display of 80Mhz you will be receiving 100Mhz. With an expander fitted you can receive most of the UK stations

Note: The display on the radio unit will not change

• 4 weeks later...