Cruise control SET light flashing

RavenDW

Morning all.

When turning my wheel full lock right, the cruise SET light flashes and prevents cruise control from functioning. Turning the ignition off and on solves this until I again turn the wheel full lock right. I've got a video below showing that it doesn't happen when going full lock left. As far as I can tell I am retaining all other steering controls.

(The airbag light also started flashing this morning on my way to work, but I haven't had chance to do the reset and check connections yet)

(apologies for my dodgy camera skills)

I had to replace the combination switch (also comes up as a clock spring when you Google) late last year (different cruise control issue) and it has been functioning fine since. My assumption is that it may simply be a loose connection, but that it's only happening when turning the wheel all the way has me concerned that the the ribbon cable is being damaged.

I took time to make sure the turning of the spring was even from left to right before I fitted it, but of course it's possible I made a mistake.

Any info or advice would be appreciated...as well as another( 😅) replacement clock spring or spiral cable should it come to that.

Edited by RavenDW